Alarm won't turn off Volvo 4.3gxi

strombolichef

Petty Officer 3rd Class
So I had my chaparral boat with a Volvo Penta 4.3 gxi the sitting for a couple of months and then when I went to start it up the alarm sound that turns on when you turn the key and it's supposed to turn off when the engine starts would not turn off. All gauges work and we're reading normal levels so I understand it might be a sensor I found the oil pressure sending sensor the one with the single knife blade attachment and it crumbled in my hands but once it was disconnected the alarm did not shut off nor did it shut off when I disconnected the two manifold temperature sensors or that other oil sensor that's near the one I just mentioned. I welcome any advice you can give about how to solve this problem so I can use the boat again PS I'm repairing that oil sensor that broke off thank you.

strombolichef

Petty Officer 3rd Class
So I had my chaparral boat with a Volvo Penta 4.3 gxi the sitting for a couple of months and then when I went to start it up the alarm sound that turns on when you turn the key and it's supposed to turn off when the engine starts would not turn off. All gauges work and we're reading normal levels so I understand it might be a sensor I found the oil pressure sending sensor the one with the single knife blade attachment and it crumbled in my hands but once it was disconnected the alarm did not shut off nor did it shut off when I disconnected the two manifold temperature sensors or that other oil sensor that's near the one I just mentioned. I welcome any advice you can give about how to solve this problem so I can use the boat again PS I'm repairing that oil sensor that broke off thank you.
Update checked temp sensor near thermostat removing g that did not silence the alarm.

strombolichef

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Update checked temp sensor near thermostat removing g that did not silence the alarm.
Another update I checked under the dash and I located the audible alarm so I know where that is when that fails does it fail to the beeping state is that possible

mvn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Only way I know how to diagnose your issue is with a scan tool such as a Rinda TechMate Pro or Rinda Diacom software and the appropriate data link adapter. I haven't had much luck finding beep code information.

Mark

Jeff J

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I had a trim position sensor causing an alarm. Disconnecting the sensor didn’t silence it. It beeped every 7 seconds until I changed the sensor. Ran for 10 minutes today in the tank with no alarms.

strombolichef

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Okay here's another update I replace the oil pressure sender that was broken and the audible alarm unit. The alarm is still running continuously. The only thing that I did was replace a bad battery charger before I try to get the motor up and running does anybody think that could cause this situation looking for any kind of answer thank you