Alabama Boaters show your Boat tell us your Lake

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Alabama Boaters show your Boat tell us your Lake

I'm in Atlanta but very interested in buying a house/land on a lake in the northern half of Alabama. Would love lake recommendations because I've never been on any AL lake.

Pell city area has a lot of land still available, some on the lake and some right off the lake maybe a block if that far. Whats your price range and I'll see what I can find

D

DJ

We have two family homes on Logan-Martin. One near the dam and the other up by the Pell City Civic Center.

koko1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for the info koko1. Do you know if the cabins at Little Mtn Marina are on the water? I believe the ones at the state park are not. Would like to have the boat close by where we are staying. We are probably going to go with a rental house. Also appreciate the offer for suggestions for fishing and tubing spots. I will certainly take you up on that later as we have no knowledge of the area.

They are spread out... Most are about 100 yards from the water where you have 2 parking spots, one for boat if you take it out every time and one for your tow vehicle....The spots close to the water are where the RV hook ups are...There are also docks that has slips where you can leave it overnight if you like, but I never do as anyone can walk or boat up and take anything in your boat... There is also 24 hour security...The cabins and cottages are all in the same area as the boat launch and everything is gated so you have to have a pass before the gates will open..They have a restaurant and a general store there also... Gas stations are 1/2 mile away also..

koko1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm in Atlanta but very interested in buying a house/land on a lake in the northern half of Alabama. Would love lake recommendations because I've never been on any AL lake.

Guntersville lake is the biggest at 68,000 acres so there is a whole lot of land and houses that are always up for sale... It is about 2 hours from Atlanta, 45 minutes from Huntsville and a little over an hour from Birmingham.....Weiss lake is also in the northeastern part that is a good size lake....Also have Wilson lake in Decatur... I am partial to Guntersville as it is my home lake and has some of the best fishing in the south but all in northern Alabama are good lakes except Henry Neely in Gadsden/Southside which would be the only one I would say to stay away from..

golf101

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Pell city area has a lot of land still available, some on the lake and some right off the lake maybe a block if that far. Whats your price range and I'll see what I can find

$300,000 to $500,000. Ideally 4 bedrooms for an existing house.

mitchell6

Petty Officer 3rd Class

$300,000 to $500,000. Ideally 4 bedrooms for an existing house.

Do a search on the internet for homes around lake guntersville or lake weiss, Weiss is in Centre AL. according to where you live in Atlanta Centre might be just an hour or so away, I've got a lot I rent on Lake Weiss so where down there every weekend from this coming up weekend through at least late October it's a nice lake but there is some spots that are real shallow even at full pool but it's got some of the best fishing a man could ask for they boost it as the Crappie capital of the world. You can find a little more info about the area and might even have some places for sell at the local radio station's web site it's www.weis990am.com

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm sorry I haven't been on here my dad had a stroke and he's in so so condition. I check back in with y'all when things get better but I just wanted to tell the guy looking for a house check on Remax.com. You can check every listing from different company's.

Thanks for the well wishes in advance.

I'm sorry I haven't been on here my dad had a stroke and he's in so so condition. I check back in with y'all when things get better but I just wanted to tell the guy looking for a house check on Remax.com. You can check every listing from different company's.

Thanks for the well wishes in advance.

Jonezin, sorry to hear about your dad. Today's my dad's 86th birthday. Thankful to have had him teach me an appreciation for nature and all things outdoors. My prayers for your dad's recovery and you and the rest of the family.

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm at the hospital right now I just found out I can get online. I know what you mean I'm so glad he taught me to enjoy what god has given us. This just the stressful part, they are running test now. Tell your Dad Happy Birthday....

I'm at the hospital right now I just found out I can get online. I know what you mean I'm so glad he taught me to enjoy what god has given us. This just the stressful part, they are running test now. Tell your Dad Happy Birthday....

Thanks I sure will. Keep us posted on how your dad is doing.

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well if it cant get worst, my aunt is the room next door with a damn stroke. 3 family members in the last 3 months with strokes. Wow !!!!!

mitchell6

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sorry to hear about your family we'll keep you all in our prayers and hope everybody get's well soon

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class

My dad woke up today, he's blind in one and his left side is all twisted up. He's very upset about his condition. He might get released Monday, I have so much to do finding a nurse and all that fun stuff. I'm getting a little stressed out. I know he wont last very long like this he loves his freedom to much.

My dad woke up today, he's blind in one and his left side is all twisted up. He's very upset about his condition. He might get released Monday, I have so much to do finding a nurse and all that fun stuff. I'm getting a little stressed out. I know he wont last very long like this he loves his freedom to much.

I understand how tough this is for both you and your dad. Hang in there for him. My wife is a nurse. PM me if you have any questions we might be able to help with. Our prayers continue.

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Guys and I know this is not the forum for this and I'm sorry If I busted everybody's grove, I just need to talk about it to someone. My dad came home today the mood is so so. We are trying to be strong for him and I think he's being strong for us. My sister is on the way down he wants to go back to NJ and spend his last days he said. He was born and raised in GA but spent most of his life in Jersey where I was raised. Nothing like the Jersey Shore... When he went to work for GM we lived 6mths in Jersey and 6mths in GA.

Its just so hard seeing him like this, he has always stood 10 ft tall my Hero, My Super Man. Anyways my sister is setting things up so he can have a nurse and rehab. My mom will be there to look over him. He's a US Vet so there is a bunch of services they offer to them.

Thanks for letting me babble, what will be will be.
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

Thanks Guys and I know this is not the forum for this and I'm sorry If I busted everybody's grove, I just need to talk about it to someone. My dad came home today the mood is so so. We are trying to be strong for him and I think he's being strong for us. My sister is on the way down he wants to go back to NJ and spend his last days he said. He was born and raised in GA but spent most of his life in Jersey where I was raised. Nothing like the Jersey Shore... When he went to work for GM we lived 6mths in Jersey and 6mths in GA.

Its just so hard seeing him like this, he has always stood 10 ft tall my Hero, My Super Man. Anyways my sister is setting things up so he can have a nurse and rehab. My mom will be there to look over him. He's a US Vet so there is a bunch of services they offer to them.

Thanks for letting me babble, what will be will be.
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

Jonezin, no need to apologize for writing about your dad. While boats are fun...there's nothing more important than family. Can you give us an update on how everyone is doing?

JC in LA

Jonezin

Petty Officer 1st Class

He's here with me now, but he's going to move to NJ with my sister for a while
He lost sight in one speech is still very bad and his lower right side don't work. He sad at times and up beat at others. He cry's alot. He wants to go out on the lake everyday. I took him out this afternoon after it rain he seemed to be at peace. I covered him up and we went up and down the lake nothing special.

I thank You guys for your concern and prayers they are received greatfully.

Jason 641

Seaman

I own a place out on lake Wedowee, near where Wedowee Creek runs into the Little Tallapoosa. I live in Villa Rica, GA which is about an hour drive. I try to get down there every nice weekend that I can. My boat is a 24' Mach 1 cuddy. There is a picture of the boat in my signature. I got the boat before I bought the lake house, so we don't have any use for the cuddy anymore besides storing junk. I am looking for a bow rider so my wife has a place to lay in the sun while I am cruising around. If anyone else is out on Wedowee let me know and we could meet up sometime this summer.