aeromarine epoxy!

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander
Re: aeromarine epoxy!

There has been some talk about it here, but I'd highly recommend going with the time tested proven method of wood and polyester fiberglass. Its the least cost and will last longer than you'll keep the boat.

clockwatcher

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've used about 4 gallons of it so far. I used 10 gallons of West Systems before I used the aeromarine stuff. I like it better and it's a good bit cheaper ($40 vs. $110 per gallon). It doesn't blush and it cures more clear which helps when using pigments. It's thin, so a bit more filler is needed on verticals. I'm currently using it to seal interior wood parts before priming and painting. It needs at least 2 days to set up before sanding. The only thing I would like to have is smaller quantity pumps. I've found nothing wrong with it.

By the way, I have no affiliation with the company. I just like their epoxy.

steveclv

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have also used it - both for the floor repair and also I used what's left to float a coating on a new table for the back of the boat.

I used both their clear and I had a gallon pretinted white. However if you go for a tint then bear in mind it will need at least 3 coats to get a solid color and it won't work on verticals without filler. Neither will the tinted version wet cloth so beware of that.
The clear wets cloth very well and gives a super hard yet flexible finish - far better than the brittle poly resin if there is going to be any flex as in a deck surface.
I highly recommend their products.