admin 5 .. weight loss update

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: admin 5 .. weight loss update

Don't know about the pounds, but he looks so good I didn't recognise him until he spoke to me. :D

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Yikes!!! I can't believe anyone would remember enough to ask for an update. :eek: I started Dec 26 because I was sick of being out of shape. I knew that the only way to do it was with BOTH dieting and exercise. Since then, I am happy to report that I have woken up weekday mornings 4-5 times a week at 5:45am and dragged my lazy butt to the gym. I have lost 35 pounds of fat and gained 15 pounds of muscle. It took about 4-5 months to start enjoying working out but I love it now. Life is too short to spend as a fat blob! ;) Thanks for asking.

spratt

Lieutenant

Beginning of this year, the Pastor of my church, whom I have always claimed to be my "adopted Dad", passed away from cancer. We were at one time the same size, but then I injured my knees at Boeing working, and had to take a sedentary job (computers), causing me to gain weight from lack of exercise and improper diet. (Don't we have to blame someone for our weight problems?) Anyway, his wife offered me some of his suits, but I had gotten so overweight I couldn't even pull the jackets together in the front nor could I get the pants around me. At first I wouldn't take the suits, then I rethought the offer, and felt that it would be a way to honor him if I could wear them. So, I began a weight loss regime, and took off over 50#'s, threw away many inches, and when I began wearing the suits, the jackets would overlap by 4 inches across my body. I went from a pants size of 48" to 40"...not bad, huh? And I felt so GOOD!!!! For many reasons, not the least the load off my feet!!! I am still wearing the suits every week to church!!! It really blesses his wife to see me in those suits, knowing the task it was for me to get into them. So, keep up the work, I can eradily verify thaqt a person can take off those pounds if they want to!!! It tickles me when someone sees me for teh first time since losing the weight and watch them do a double take!!! Wann aknow what one of the weight problem culprits was??? Diet coke! I was almost "addicted" to it...after stopping drinking it, and thus not having that intake of Aspertame, a tremendous amount of joint pain disappeared. You can believe what you want, but Aspertame is bad stuff...not good for weight problems either.

aspeck

Staff member

Fat blob! I resemble that remark! Are you throwing flames at us fat blobs? This thread should be locked!<br /><br />J/K! Congrats Admin5! Keep up the good work. I need to get motivated to do the same, but it just don't work if you are not motivated to do it. You can know it all in your head, but if it ain't in your heart, it ain't gonna work.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> Fat blob! You can know it all in your head, but if it ain't in your heart, it ain't gonna work.
I resemble that remark!!! Without a determination, nothing will work.

ndemge

Commander

Admin5, Good Job!<br /><br />Spratt, I just started geting my act together Saturday. <br />Took me 10 months to completely lick this smoke'n thing, now ready to take on the next challange, 50 lbs<br /><br />Aspertame... Do you know how this affects the weight? I've heard that's it horribly bad for you, (as I sit here drinking my diet coke)<br /><br />Diet Rite, made with Spleda isn't it?.. is this better?

spratt

Lieutenant

Tell ya what, ndemge...do a web search on Splenda, OR Apsartame...I did, and I was frightened!! I switched to Splenda on my diet due to Carb concerns (Sugar in coffee Or ANYWHERE has a ton of carbs per spoonful, whereas Splenda has almost NONE!!)...there are web sites that state Splenda is WORSE than Aspartame!!! Now, don't get me wrong, I still drink Diet Coke, but not 3 per day or more, maybe one per day or three per week...and I will still drink tea (I am from Georgia) made from Splenda if it is offered. If I go to a restaurant, and none in the North offer SWEETENED Iced Tea (Does that scare you Southerners???) I use Splenda because it mixes in cold beverages. I tell ya, we are gonna die from something...be it wiehgt related, Splenda or Asparteme...or perhaps it could even be a young female driver:) But I do know this, dropping Coke / Pepsi, etc., from my menu made a big change in the way I felt physically. I began drinking a TON of ice water...but I just couldn't drop that coffee addiction in the morning:)

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by ndemge:<br /> Admin5, Good Job!<br /><br /> <br />Took me 10 months to completely lick this smoke'n thing,
Congrats on beating the smoking...I never had that problem, but I hear there is no worse addiction to have to attempt to beat!!! I commend you!! I recently lost a good friend to Enphysema...he had a double lung transplant and never made it back out of the hospital!!

ndemge

Commander

Sorry about your friend spratt, I've lost way too many family members to it as well.<br /><br />Now I say I have it "completely licked".... I must believe this to make the rest of my life not smoking, and hopefully that's another 50 years or so.<br /><br /><br />I did google search on aspertame and diet.... found so much back and forth..... First two I read, first one sounding all medical and such saying that aspertame increases appetite,<br />Then the very next page, from THE ASPERTAME COUNSEL, and of course, saying it's perfectly safe.

spratt

Lieutenant

Yep, exactly...that is why I wanted you to read it with your own eyes...and then make your own decisions...as for me, I still use both products...but my own experiment with Diet Coke made a believer outta me...but unlike you with smoking, I don't believe it enough to stop completely...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

A timely thread. Mrs 12Footer just got home from her yearly physical. The doctor is trying to talk her into bypass surgery. :( <br />I doubt she will follow the doctor's opinion tho. It sure is hard to watch her slowly kill herself.

spratt

Lieutenant

Man, that is a tough one!!<br /><br />A very good friend of mine, actually the man I called "Dad", but just really my ex-pastor (ex meaning he has gone on to his reward, his wife had open heart surgery. She has never been teh same. They said she suffered a mini-stroke during the surgery, her vision has diminished a LOT, and quite frankly, her personality has suffered also. However, only a couple months after her surgery, her husband and she celebrated their 50th anniversary, his retirement, and a twenty-fourth celebration of Pastoring the church all in one week. Four weeks later, he was dead from cancer. So how much was due to the surgery/stroke, and how much from the death, not sure...<br /><br />Iknow other people who have had bypass, and due to the procedure of putting them on bypass equipment that doesn't filter the blood as naturally as the body does, problems are introduced. Some recover, some don't. It would be a tough call for me also!!<br /><br />My best wishes!!! And prayers also...how long have you been married? I just passed 25 years in April...26 coming up quickly!!!