FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 89 merc classic 40hp--oil injected 4 cylinder and it smokes alot.I think it is more than it should,i leave a blue haze behind me,,and when the wind is bad u inhale the blue smoke.Im wondering if i can adjust the mixture.....thxs
Had the same problem with mine. I started using Arctic Cat APV synthetic injection oil (same stuff I run in my sleds) for 3 years before I sold it. Helps with the smoking ALOT, the motor also started better. Drawback: its VERY expensive $$$. You may get the same results with the Pennzoil synthetic ?? and its quite a bit cheaper than the A/C oil.
best adjustment you can make is to scrap the autoblend unit and mix the gas yourself - it will fail without warning and then your motor is toast . i got rid of mine the moment i purchased my 88 classic fifty .