Adhesive for MariDeck Marine Grade Vinyl Flooring

Alwaysworking22

Recruit
I have a 21 Foot 1995 Fishing Barge that my parents bought new. They both have passed and the boat sat out in the weather for the last dozen years or more and I have completely stripped it down to the bare aluminum. Just the pontoons and aluminum cross members. Here is my dilemma. I have everything that I now need to put everything back the way it was. All new furniture, lights, console, bimini top, marine grade plywood and the vinyl flooring. In addition I have six buddies that are coming over tomorrow and we all are taking off work to put it all back together. I forgot to order my adhesive for the flooring. I don't have time to order it. They will be here tomorrow to help me assemble it back and I wont get this opportunity again with all of our schedules just lining up perfect. I live in a very rural area of KY and the only box store around is Lowes. I have looked high and low trying to figure an adhesive that I can use and to say they are confusing to say the least. Can any one advise an adhesive that I can buy at Lowes today or tomorrow. I can drive 2 hours away to a Home Depot if need be but prefer Lowes if possible. I was going to buy DAP Wellwood and it sounded great but one of the reviews said it didnt stick to vinyl after three others said it was great. I saw Henry 695 but it's not really clear if it will work. Henry 663 says its for Vinyl Carper not Laminate. Can anyone advise...PLEASE!!! Starting to Panic.

Miss Raynelle

Recruit
I have a 21 Foot 1995 Fishing Barge that my parents bought new. They both have passed and the boat sat out in the weather for the last dozen years or more and I have completely stripped it down to the bare aluminum. Just the pontoons and aluminum cross members. Here is my dilemma. I have everything that I now need to put everything back the way it was. All new furniture, lights, console, bimini top, marine grade plywood and the vinyl flooring. In addition I have six buddies that are coming over tomorrow and we all are taking off work to put it all back together. I forgot to order my adhesive for the flooring. I don't have time to order it. They will be here tomorrow to help me assemble it back and I wont get this opportunity again with all of our schedules just lining up perfect. I live in a very rural area of KY and the only box store around is Lowes. I have looked high and low trying to figure an adhesive that I can use and to say they are confusing to say the least. Can any one advise an adhesive that I can buy at Lowes today or tomorrow. I can drive 2 hours away to a Home Depot if need be but prefer Lowes if possible. I was going to buy DAP Wellwood and it sounded great but one of the reviews said it didnt stick to vinyl after three others said it was great. I saw Henry 695 but it's not really clear if it will work. Henry 663 says its for Vinyl Carper not Laminate. Can anyone advise...PLEASE!!! Starting to Panic.
I would panic too! I’m confused though. You mentioned vinyl and then laminate. It makes a difference I guess. This is what google told me…

Attachments

• DDB839B7-C1E2-4B3D-9ED6-4D227BB8D0F5.png
    DDB839B7-C1E2-4B3D-9ED6-4D227BB8D0F5.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 1

Miss Raynelle

Recruit
I would panic too! I’m confused though. You mentioned vinyl and then laminate. It makes a difference I guess. This is what google told me…
I went thru this crisis by myself tho trying to figure out just how to glue my vinyl plank flooring to the wall and ceiling in my bathroom. There was a recommendation that flooring department Carrie’s at Lowes but it was out of stock for couple months so I went to plan B, construction adhesive. It hasn’t been up but couple of months and I can not say yay or nay to use it. I’m not walking on it either. I do have a question though… do you think the flooring being so smooth one could easily slip on it?

1960 Starflite

Petty Officer 1st Class
Henry 663 was shipped with my vinal flooring from PontoonStuff.com. My vinal has soft backing material. 8 x 20 deck, they sent 2 gallons

1960 Starflite

Petty Officer 1st Class
I went thru this crisis by myself tho trying to figure out just how to glue my vinyl plank flooring to the wall and ceiling in my bathroom. There was a recommendation that flooring department Carrie’s at Lowes but it was out of stock for couple months so I went to plan B, construction adhesive. It hasn’t been up but couple of months and I can not say yay or nay to use it. I’m not walking on it either. I do have a question though… do you think the flooring being so smooth one could easily slip on it?
Samples are available from Pontoonstuff.com. .25 cents each, shipped next day free.

kabeloharper

Recruit
Vinyl floors are naturally slippery, so the best time to fix it is as soon as you install it. If you have older vinyl floors, they may be even sleeker with cleaning product and polish build-up on the surface. So, the sooner you find a non-slip solution, the better.