Adding photo

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Just how do I go about adding a photo to a post. Any help thanks in advance. I just can't figure it out, and I know computers (I think)<br />
Boat3em.jpg
<br />TADA! Hope this works. My "Barge" 24 Suncruiser next to my slipmates 28 Fly

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Adding photo

If it's an existing post, find it and click on the "edit post" icon in the top center of your post.<br /><br />Next click on the text area where you want to insert the picture.<br /><br />Click on the "IMAGE" button below all of the text. Another window will appear. In that window you must enter the URL (address) of the picture you want to post. The picture must be from a website, not your hard drive. If the picture is from a website, you can usually right click the picture and get to the properties. Copy the URL and paste it into the little window that appears on iboats when you click the IMAGE button.<br /><br />If you have the picture on your computer, you must upload it to a picture server of some type, like photobucket or something like that. I believe Yahoo also offers this to it's members.

spratt

Lieutenant

I remember my newbie days, when I asked the same exact question...these experts here got me rolling, and it's fun...I noticed neither of you guys have a "cool" avatar picture to represent your account...those can be animated, or just a picture, or an icon...but they have limitations as to size on here that can be used...so be careful you don't try to load up a 5"x7" or something :D <br /><br />Have fun guys!!!

Dunaruna

Admiral

Register with photobucket (just follow their instructions) then upload your digital pics to your newly created photobucket album. When you want to add a photo into a post - click on 'full reply form' then either click on 'image'.........
Australian_Flag.jpg
<br /><br />or 'url'........... Aussie flag <br /><br />Have a play around, you'll get the hang of it.<br /><br />Aldo

Triton II

Commander

I did all that and got the red cross of death! So I added the website and you can click to see. It's funny as most other people's pics are right there in their post... :confused:

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Triton II:<br /> I did all that and got the red cross of death! So I added the website and you can click to see. It's funny as most other people's pics are right there in their post... :confused:
Since every pic or animation is linked to a specific web site, and every time it loads there is bandwidth used, and since bandwidth costs money, some sites restrict the linking of items to to/from their pages. You might do all you can, set it up correctly and still not get it to display. If NONE of your links work, the problem is somewhere else...here is an example of how your pic should be set up to display:<br /><br />
<br /><br />Say you go to a web site, see a cool pic you want to post, do this: right click on teh pic, click properties, click and drag across teh whole link (url) and right click and click copy; then close the properties, go to iboats and post your message and pic as in teh example above...<br /><br />here is a pic I am gonna post to show ya:<br /><br />
feature_boat.jpg

Triton II

Commander

The pic I was trying to show is in the "Show us yer boat" thread page 3 in the Boating topics forum. I'll go through the process above and try and add it here.

spratt

Lieutenant

Nice rig, Triton!! Guess I will be selling my little toy, since I am going to be ebuying a motor home...can't have both right now and I need teh MH more...

Triton II

Commander

Hey Spratt... if you're anything like me you'll miss the water, in the mean time good luck with the Winnebago!

spratt

Lieutenant

And that is exactly what it is!!! An older (late 70z) 27' w/4kw gen, and in really great shape...a guy I work with has lived in it with his wife for 4 years now while building their 10K sq. ft. dream home...should be ready to mone into in a few more weeks,a nd his wife is extremely anxious to get the thing outta their yard once and for all...she never wants to get into a MH again!!! And yes, I know I will miss teh boat, but hopefully it is a temporary thing...

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Spratt...just get a bigger boat...or maybe a hitch on the Winny.Best of both worlds :D

Dunaruna

Admiral

Spratt, think out of the square...... put PONTOONS under the winnie :D .<br /><br />Triton, very nice boat, those quinnies sure are a great bay boat.<br /><br />Aldo

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea I love our 30'er. Thinking about getting one of them new 40' diesel pushers when I retire.<br /><br />
c251.jpg

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Dang Spinner...Ya got some nice stuff in the Sticks of "Kentucky"

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Fixin:<br /> Dang Spinner...Ya got some nice stuff in the Sticks of "Kentucky"
Hard work and discipline Fixin. That's what it takes. Something I tried to instill in my kids as they were growing up and so far it is working for them also.<br /><br />Besides, I am spending their inheritance so they won't have to fight over it. :D :D