FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am thinking of adding a temperature gauge to my 1979 4hp sea king motor. Is this possible? I read that I need to get a temp sender and a gauge. How do I go about hooking everything up? Do I need a 12 volt battery? Thanks inadvance.
Re: Adding a temperature gauge to a small motor help
Gauges need a battery to power the gauge. You'll need to improvise some sort of bracket to hold the sender. If it's a kicker on a large boat with a bigger motor as a main motor, then it would be a good thing to have. If you have a little dingy with the 4 as the only means of propulsion, I wouldn't bother.