Adding a Bass Tube...

billyman

Seaman Apprentice
I'm not one of these people who feel the need to provide music for the entire cove, but I would like to add a little needed low end sound to my stereo and am wondering how a self-contained bass tube would work. I don't have the need or desire for separate subs, amps and component speakers, just looking for a little extra bottom sound. Has anyone done this? If so, how was the result?

This is what I'm looking at getting:
210-HIi3PpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thoughts?

Druff1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Adding a Bass Tube...

I have 2 in my boat and am very pleased with the sound. I have the ones with the built in amp.

Jerryh3

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 6.5 in my truck. Sounds pretty good. Really thinking about on for the boat. I have to see if it will fit in my back to back seat base.

billyman

Seaman Apprentice

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. It has me feeling positive about this add. I was thinking of mounting mine in the transom, port side or under the port console (it'll be up and out of the way there). I didn't think of the B2B seat.

Druff, where do you have yours mounted?

Druff1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have 2- 8" ones beneath the drives seat.. It's kind of a storage area, and still has plenty of room for my boat cover and some other things.. And when i open it up they sound really good. :)

Druff1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

boat.jpeg Best pic i could find... This is a fold down rear seat, with storage in it.