FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Can you buy one to bolt up? No. Could you throw enough money at it to have someone fabricate what you needed to make something that was workable? Maybe, but I'm not sure I'd trust it when it was done...
i can only think of a couple of reasons why anyone would want to do that, but under normal circumstances, those motors are so easy to start why would you want to?
Long and short of it is if the motor was never issued as a electric start motor, then it would be a totally fabricated add on, not the best even when done well.
Ok thanks, I'm eventually going to throw it on my 18' as a kicker motor. I figured people tie them in to the dash somehow but I guess I'll just be pull starting it in the back when needed.