acupuncture

crab bait

Captain
i took the plunge the other day.. boy it sure did help/work..<br /><br />i suffered from back problems for along time.. <br /><br />20 years ago i fell off a ladder an compression fractured t-12 ,l-1, l-2 vertabre.. as the years when on,, the better i became but that ain't sayin' a whole lot.. <br /><br />never had or wanted surgery an was never really proposed.. <br /><br />i spent many a dollar at the chiropractors office an it does help for the most part.. <br /><br />but the last 6 months i was gettin' worse an devolped sciatica.. i wouldn't wish that on bin laden..<br /><br />acupressure massage really helps but no one around here does it.. only acupuncture..<br /><br />so i did it.. an after two times,, really feel better.. the center says 4 times is PROBABLY all i'll need.. <br /><br />wish i'd a done this along time ago..<br /><br />any one else ever have this..??

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer
Re: acupuncture

Never had it done but would consider it another option. I have a disc impingment they want to operate on if I don't get better. They want to go through the front right below my neck, then graft a bone from my hip. Doing theropy now with some success. Interested to see what answers you get. Glad to hear it helped your condition.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

How about needles compared to a scalpel, GG?<br /><br />Glad you are getting relief, Crabby. :)

LadyFish

Admiral

Crabby, if your acupuncturist needs any help sticking needles in ya, I volunteer. :p <br /><br />Seriously, I'm sorry to hear about your back woes and hope this does the trick. I would try anything before surgery and totally believe in chiropractic and keneseology. I'll be interested in tracking your progress with the acupuncture.<br /><br />Take care of yourself. :)

crab bait

Captain

I BET YOU'D LOVE IT..!! .. :) <br /><br />heck MS.FISH,, ithought you were the reason for ALL my pain.. <br /><br />i'm totally convinced that you gotta vooddoo doll of me with more pins then granny's sewin' box.. <br /><br /> hey do me a favor.. move that one pin on my right hip 3 mm's to the left..

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> hey do me a favor.. move that one pin on my right hip 3 mm's to the left..
Is that your left or her left ;)

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by JB:<br /> How about needles compared to a scalpel, GG?<br />
The good thing about the scalpel is that I am under general anestesia ;) <br /><br />When I was getting indoctrinated and had to get the penicillin shot in the rump, I passed out. I woke up propped against the wall, pants around my ankles with a sore rear end :rolleyes: <br /><br />I would probably try accupuncture if the pain was severe enough though ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

p3050343.jpg
<br /><br />Crabby, this is actually a good voodoo doll. Its used for healing. :)

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Hey GG, the penicillan sounds like the indocternation....the rest of that sound more like your initiation!!! YEEOOOWCH must been some party.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by neumanns:<br /> Hey GG, the penicillan sounds like the indocternation....the rest of that sound more like your initiation!!! YEEOOOWCH must been some party.
Come to think of it, I did feel violated...and everyone had smiles on their faces when I snapped out of it. Guess it was a good thing it wasn't indoctrination for the Navy :D (just busting on the squidley's :p )

gewf631

Chief Petty Officer

Caught an interesting show on PBS a couple months back. It was all about alternative healing - and ran the gambut (acupuncture, herbal, faith healing, etc). <br /><br />Neatest thing was that they showed all of these, interviewing the patients before they started. At the very end of the show, they came-back and showed the results. The ONLY one that showed any significant results, were those who went-through acupuncture - they even showed a full-blown, double-blind study, and how those results showed the effectiveness of that treatment for arthritis of the knee.<br /><br />Here's a link to the show...<br /> Frontline - The Alternative Fix

JasonB

Lieutenant

As someone who has had back surgers (I ruptured L5-S1 on both sides at the same time), I agree. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. The surgery in that specific area isn't bad because the spinal cord ends above it, they only had to content with the Sciatic nerve, which was badly inflamed and pinched. <br /><br />If you keep getting these results, I may have to try this out.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Ok GG... now you've done it!!! Don't make me tell stories about the brave Marines I used to treat when I was an FMF doc. :)

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by ae708:<br /> Ok GG... now you've done it!!! Don't make me tell stories about the brave Marines I used to treat when I was an FMF doc. :)
Doc's are a whole nuther story...never thought of them as Sailors, they are ground pounders just like us. I bet you and Gonfishn could really tell some stories ;)

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I guess you're right.. I always felt more like a grunt than a squid. After I retired from the navy I realized that I had 12 years with the Marines and 8 with the Navy. :)

Link

Rear Admiral

Wow Crabby<br />I'm not sure I could do that. Sorta like GG on them needle thingies. Dived backwards off a ladder onto asphalt in 2000. Xrays showed nothing broke but some mornings it takes curling up in a ball (fetal position) for 30-45 minutes before I can get out of bed. Just pulled a list out last week of chiropractors in the area that Group Health covers. Beats doing nothing I guess.<br />Luck to ya

eeboater

Commander

Crabby,<br /><br />Could you feel the pain going away as they put the needles in you?<br /><br />Sean