Actions speak louder

bubbakat

Captain
pic641331.jpg
<br /><br />YOU WON'T SEE THIS ON CBS,NBC,CNN,CNBC,PBS Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:49:09 -0400 Here's another "you've got to love George" mini story. This was sent to me by a career Naval guy who retired from the Pentagon so I know his source is legit. This is a picture of Mike McNaughton. He stepped on a landmine in Afghanistan Christmas 2002. President Bush came to visit the wounded in the hospital. He told Mike that when he could run a mile, that they would go on a run together. True to his word, he called Mike every month or so to see how he was doing. Well, last week they went on the run, 1 mile with the president. Not something you'll see in the news, but seeing the president taking the time to say thank you to the wounded and to give hope.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Actions speak louder

Thanks, Bubbakat. :)

gonfishn

Commander

Ditto on that BubbaKat..Wouldn't matter who was president..the gesture was there plus unlike many of our past Leaders they were lucky to be able walk a block...

Carphunter

Commander

As always, GW shows why he is a class act.<br /><br />Thats just amazing. Hats off to Mr. McNaughton.<br /><br />Thanks Bubbakat.

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Awesome.... Simply awesome... :) <br /><br />Go BUSH!!!<br /><br />Butch A.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

slick willy would have invited the entire press<br />corps. GW could have as well, but didn't. :) <br />he's not a "photo-op" kinda guy IMO. I like that on<br />a personal level, yet, I also wish the entire world<br />could witness this side of him.<br />an achilles heal? sure hope not!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Reality in the white house...How refreshing! Two classy guys on a mile run! The silence from PW speaks volumes on this thread, just as that picture speaks volumes.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Everytime I question GW he just gives me a better reason to vote for him..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That is the real Gee Dubya. :) <br /><br />When he was our Gov. I wrote to him about how I thought I had been badly treated by a, um, ahhh...business.<br /><br />Mind you, I am a nobody. No big bux, no political clout, just a rural retiree.<br /><br />He put the State Atty. General onto it and wrote me a personal note telling me what he did and wishing me luck.<br /><br />Within a few weeks the "business" changed their treatment to what I considered fair and equitable. They told me I had a friend in Austin.<br /><br />I now have a friend in Washington, and I intend for him to stay there. :)

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow... That is great, JB! :) Doesn't quite compare to my rubber stamp signed letter from Ronald Reagan, from back in the early 80's. But it is great knowing you have a friend in the white house!<br /><br />Butch A.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

There was a special on the tube about that a while back. they showed all the different legs he has and all that (it may have been Dateline or a Discovery/TLC special), and they showed video footage of him and the Pres running, so at least I know it is true.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Thanks for posting that Bubba. Guess you could never be a news reporter. If more things were reported like this I would start reading the newspapers again

bubbakat

Captain

I knew this was no fluke guys because I did my research before posting this.<br />I love showing off with the truth.<br />JB I think we all have a friend in the white house now. :D :D