Accused deserter a no-show after leave

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Accused deserter a no-show after leave

Well his name says a lot, IMO.

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Cancel his passport and don't look for him. The marines and this country are better off without him. Good riddance.

KaGee

Admiral

Rita Cosby of FOX NEWS has an exclusive that he's already in Lebanon.... again. His ATM card was traced to Toronto and again in Tripoli several hours later. His Wife also "coincedently" flew home to Lebanon yesterday from Utah. <br /><br />He's more than just a diserter... he was an Arabic translater used by our intel on prisoners. There is evidence he may have alerted the enemy while in Falujah the first time he went "missing", of our knowledge of their code words. <br /><br />BTW... he's also p'd off the Syrians somehow. They are also looking for him. Prior to him turning himself in the first time, a relative's home was firebombed, most likely by the Syrian secret police who were looking for him. Maybe be better off for us if the Syrians get him first... yaknowwhatimean?

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />Maybe be better off for us if the Syrians get him first... yaknowwhatimean?
Perhaps his bretheren will give him the Marie Antionette treatment ;)

Fly Rod

Commander

:) "Death Before Dishonor!!!"<br />This guy is a digrace to the Corp, scum!!!<br /><br />Thought something was fishy when he wasn't shown on tv by the enemy and to travel to Lebennon with out being caught!!! If they caught a Marine he would have been shown on their tv and probably brutalized and difinitly beheaded!!!!<br />Your right guageguy!!"firing squad!!!" :D

Laddies

Banned

At best he is a deserter and probably a traitor he should be hunted down and given the same treatment as the mosliums give their prisoners, beheaded. that will give the liberals more to cry about like they did for a few arabs in prisons getting a hazing that was far less than alot of collage students get

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

I understand a man who is charged with desertion not showing up for trial. He has shown he is a coward, and has no honor, or he would not have deserted the first time.<br /><br />What I don't understand is how a man facing desertion charges is allowed to go on unsupervised leave. <br /><br />Was he not considered a flight risk?

gaugeguy

Captain

You would think they would have at least yanked his passport :confused:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Question for discussion:<br /><br />Was this guy was an enemy agent when he joined up, as opposed to a "good Marine gone bad?" <br /><br />If so, do you still describe him as a "deserter and traitor?"<br /><br />Would he still get a military court martial with legal representation & a firing squad for punishment? <br /><br />Or "enemy combatant" with secret tribunal & summary execution (do we do summary executions?) <br /><br />Or maybe just let one of our "not-quite-so-civilized" allies handle him?<br /><br />Just curious.

KaGee

Admiral

JT...<br /><br /> Whether or not he is a plant or boy gone bad, I don't know. I think he should be considered a traitor and dealt with accordingly.<br /><br />Personally, I hope the Syrians catch up to him.

Devon

Cadet

Shoot first, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, reload, & repeat. Traitor, spy, whatever label you want to put on him, doesn't deserve to wear the uniform.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I really don't think you guys are getting what is happening here.<br />Somebody somewhere found out that this marine had family in Lebanon. The next thing he found out was that if he would not pass intelligence,this family in Lebanon would be killed. Somehow his family had enough guns in Beirut to change that threat.A deal was made where he would leave US marine service in return for his and his family's life.<br />This may sound improbable to you, but that is the way things work in the arab world.<br />self edit, I am not trying to defend or justify him.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> I really don't think you guys are getting what is happening here.<br />Somebody somewhere found out that this marine had family in Lebanon. The next thing he found out was that if he would not pass intelligence,this family in Lebanon would be killed. Somehow his family had enough guns in Beirut to change that threat.A deal was made where he would leave US marine service in return for his and his family's life.<br />This may sound improbable to you, but that is the way things work in the arab world.
Your take on this may or may not not be outside the realm of possibilities, but this fellow does not help his situation by running away.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

That's a scenario where I would understand the guy taking off. You hope a Marine wouldn't provide intel that could compromise his country even in a situation like that. Regardless, now he's caught he's got to face the consequences. Maybe if "somebody somewhere" shows up to testify the court will show mercy.

Link

Rear Admiral

rolmops:<br />Ive been following this a little but things just did NOT add up. Even while checking his story out he should have been held in the stockade. <br />You may have nailed it.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> I really don't think you guys are getting what is happening here.<br />Somebody somewhere found out that this marine had family in Lebanon. The next thing he found out was that if he would not pass intelligence,this family in Lebanon would be killed. Somehow his family had enough guns in Beirut to change that threat.A deal was made where he would leave US marine service in return for his and his family's life.<br />This may sound improbable to you, but that is the way things work in the arab world.<br />self edit, I am not trying to defend or justify him.
I for one, got it.He had no buisness inlisting in the US military in the first place. But once listed as such, he had a job to do. He chose a "side", knowing full-well the risks. <br />If I were on the prosecution, I would have ordered a full intel report on his "family", and shared it with the defense advocate. This guy still reaks of wannabee-"spy" to me.