ACCESS

REDOC

Cadet
Anybody know ohow to take this LCR100 depth finder out of the dash? The fauria guages all pop out the front, but no access from the back of dash. Would I have remove the throttle control housing to pull the whole dash or4 what. Here is a pic that is similar to my set-up. LCR100 is upper right. Get to the radio real easy.Thanks LCR100.jpg

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I have only worked on my neighbor's pontoon boat but never on the dash area. So I don't have much experience on such things. But there has to be some type fasteners holding the entire dash in place. If there is no way to access it from underneath, then there is some hidden fasteners somewhere that you haven't discovered yet. If that means taking out the steering assembly, then you have to do that. IDK :noidea:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What's on the other side of the console? Any access panels to get to the back of the dash? Got a pic of the dash in your boat and what toon do you have?

BrianMc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Not sure about your LCR,but my lowrance screws on from the front. There's a bezel you have to pop off to get to the screws.

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
looking at your picture, you should be able to access the back of the console from the door on the side, or you should be able to access it from removing the front kick panel, where your fire extinguisher is located

Last edited:

REDOC

Cadet
image_218705.jpg Yea looking strongly towards the bezel. Access on that side door only goes up to the radio, its solid on the side of the radio except a hole that the wire harness comes thru. I thought I could pull the fridge out on it and would have access but it is solid behind that. Removed 4 screws on top and bottom of the dash and it won't even move. Only thing holding (on top of it) it is the throttle control housing on the right but one would think the left side should atleast give a little. Will try the bezel pop but man that is even on solid as a rock. Have some plastic pry tools will try them next time out errrr. Will also take a look at that kick panel. This pic shows a frig just like mine except mine is up against the helm with the door facing the bow and solid behind the frig. Thanks All!!!

Last edited:

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer
My depth finder is glued into the dash. I had to remove it once just carefully pried it off and glued it back. I used a couple dabs of silicone.

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
my last pontoon I had, to access the back of control panel, I had to remove the kick panel, once I removed it I was able to get to everything,four screws held it in place

REDOC

Cadet
Thanks, A look at the kick panel and then some prying tools next time out. Still hoping that bezel would pop off. Yea it has an old hummingbird LCR100 on it and the horse chewed the wire off the transducer during winter. Heck for the transducer new/used I could buy a whole new unit that also shows water temp. Thanks Again guys.

Last edited:

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class
On my Crest, the top shell of the console unscrews and you can flip it upside down to get at the inside

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks, A look at the kick panel and then some prying tools next time out. Still hoping that bezel would pop off. Yea it has an old hummingbird LCR100 on it and the horse chewed the wire off the transducer during winter. Heck for the transducer new/used I could buy a whole new unit that also shows water temp. Thanks Again guys.

did you ever get to the back side of your helm?

REDOC

Cadet
No Title

No the frig housing is mounted on the back of the helm. When you pull the "frig" (its just a plastic box) I had it out to fix the door before it is solid behind it like the frig section was added. It would look like this without the frig component and its solid without the door like in this pic. It is even finished in white as in this pic but no door. The frig like in this pic is mounted on the left infront of the helm with the frig door pointed towards the bow. Have my new unit so gonna try and carefully pry or pop off bezel or something this weekend to install the new unit. Thanks.

Attachments

• photo219955.jpg
    photo219955.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class
mine unscrewed from where your knees would be if sitting in the seat at the helm. there has to be a way to access behind there, all the wiring, circuit panel is back there and fuses should be there. if you can take a picture of your helm, not from the side or front, take it from where you sit looking at the controls, maybe that will help us try and figure it out.