About replacement furniture and fences

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I've been looking at used pontoon boats about 5-10 years old. One common problem is aging furniture that is coming apart at the seams. I've researched the cost of recovering and find it will be $7,000 plus or minus. It is less expensive to replace the orignal furniture with all new from one of the online sellers. But there is a problem. Virtually all of the boats I've seen have front fences with large, sweeping corners. In technical terms they appear to have about 18" radius corners. And the orignial furniture is likewise shaped to fit flush with the fences. .... The problem is that all the replacement furniture I've seen has very tight corners (a 6" radius at most). Consequently, if I try to put the tight radius furniture in the large radius corner the furniture either gets pushed out toward the center of the boat or I have to get much smaller furniture and have large gaps in the corners.

My thought is that no matter how good the furniture in a boat may be, it will need to be replaced sooner or later. So my question is this. Has anyone come across a replacement furniture seller who carries furniture with large, sweeping corners to match the fences in contemporary pontoon boats?

Last edited:

ahicks

Captain
I know what you're saying about matching the radius. I haven't seen anything Tommy. You often see the same thing in the left rear corner, but not as often. As far as the front, I do order shorter stuff, and use the corner for junk storage - like coolers, and the bags women can't go anywhere without. -Al

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Look what I just found.
41DYjB6JO0L._AC_.jpg

ahicks

Captain
Oh hell, I thought you knew about that! Still not likely to match what you need though.