? about purchasing boats from BassPro

I hope its ok to ask this question.

We are looking to purchase our first boat. Where I live there isn't many boat dealers near by. The closest 2 are about an hour away. One is a good sized dealership, the other is basspro. I am sure at the dealership you can negotiate on the price. Will basspro negotiate or is there price firm.

I just figured I would ask this question from those who have got boats from them in the past. Might save myself alot of time in the buying process.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: ? about purchasing boats from BassPro

Just to be honest with you, I wouldn't consider my purchase based on the fact that you only have 2 dealers relatively close by. You're in Missouri, check with dealers in St. Louis, Kansas City, Joplin, Columbia, Jefferson, etc., dealers on Lake of the Ozarks, it may work out in your favor, with the trip well worth it...

sschefer

Rear Admiral

In this economy, everything is negotable. I like seabob4's suggestion but theres no harm in giving Bass Pro a shot if they have the boat you wan't. Get a few quotes from other dealers and use those in your negotating play book. The only thing you have to be careful of is over negotiating and low balling. You may get the boat cheap but they will remember you when you need service.

204 Escape

Ensign

There's also a Bass Pro at the intersection of I-70/291 Highway in Independence, Mo.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Good luck......

Bass pro boats were made right outside Ft L Wood MO and they still wanted to soak everyone the "standard" shipping rate regardless if it was 2 miles or 200.

However there are MANY MANY dealer's in MO and Arkansas

Use this link and drill down http://boats.iboats.com/

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Not impressed with any bass pro, they sell potoons in 2 versions 1 has alum deck, cost little more never rots, other is wood last 6-8 years, they don't carry the alum deck because they cost more then charge you for special order. Most other dealers will try and make you happy.