A word about Nauticus....

holloway

Cadet
I just wanted to let everyone know, this is a very good company. I had a problem with a tab over the weekend, I don't even think it was a problem with the tab itself. Very rough conditions trying to get back to ramp, lost the tab and some hardware as a result of rough water.

One two minute phone call is all it took and I will be back on the water by the weekend. It's good to know there are still people around who take customer service to this level.

Anytime a product that has someone standing behind it like this, it is a damn fine product.

Thank you Nauticus!

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner
Re: A word about Nauticus....

You are welcome, and thank you for buying our product.

Side notes:

We do make some bold statements about the product and the benefits you should expect. They seem hard to believe but they are not BS or limited to certain boats.

We do NOT make any statements about limiting the use of Smart Tabs ONLY in calm waters, therefore the only fair thing to do is get you back into use as quickly and effortlessly as possible.

The most valuable asset we have is our satisfied customers, and I am glad to have every one of you.

New Web Site: Check the "Install Instructions" pages and let us know what you think. Lots of new stuff and pictures.http://www.nauticusinc.com/installation.htm

nlain

Commander

The new website looks great and has more information than the old site, well laid out, easy to find what you are looking for, new application charts are better than the old, easier to ID the particular application you have. Great job.

PFalcon

Seaman

I am glad this post caught my eye!

This appears to be the perfect solution to issues I am having with a 98' Four Winns Fling 14' I am having.

I will choose the tabs over any other just because of the buyer feedback, and mfg. response on these forums.

Need I even say I will buy them from iBoats?

Ok fine I will state the obvious, I will buy them from iBoats and hope they have the great deal on blems for every vessel I may ever own.

PF

nlain

Commander

Excellent decision. :D Seriously I will agree that this is a great product with great support. Once you have your tabs if there are any questions about them or the install go to the website and get the phone number and call, they are glad to help. As they say they want all their customers happy.

bhammer

Ensign

I had the same type issue, got the boat on the trailer and the one tab was gone. John was great and sent out nerwer style clevis that had brass in them and a new tab. I since went and bought stainless harware and removed the plastic pins and installed stainless to keep it all together. I double nutted the harware so that I could get them tight without closing up the clearances needed for the tab to move.

rrhodes

Chief Petty Officer

I loved the Smart Tabs on my 19' Cuddy and if I ever have a boat that they will work on I will be buying another set...

Don't think they will be much good on the SeaCat or Pontoon. :)

DaveHarlos

Cadet

Product: ST781-20 Composite tabs
Application: 9' AB aluminum hull inflatable, 8 hp 4stroke, salt water.
Result: Overall - amazing.

The installation was tricky. The hull sticks out past the transom an inch or so which probably limits performance slightly. Nuts supplied were the wrong size for the bolts, drill bit recommended far too small for aluminum hull.

Prior to the tabs the boat pushed more water than a tug. Kids kept saying 'Go faster'. I tried it last night with the tabs on and it's a whole new boat. Took a while to plane but when it did it stayed there - even at fairly low rpm. I wimped out before the boat did as far as speed goes.

I totally recommend the product and I have nothing to do with the company.

Cheers, Dave

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Hi Dave;

I am sorry you had hardware issues. The ST781-20 was designed for role up inflatables not a rigid hull. Although they will and apparently do work OK, the disadvantage is that they do not have the adjsutment range you could use to make them even better. If you would like to make some changes call us and we will help you out.

Chevysolid

Seaman Apprentice

Just placed my order too,
Based on feedback from this site and the debate on putting on a hydrofoil.

The only question I have is that my motor on my 94 19.6 ft Crownline is rated at 260hp (I think, it is a carbed 350)... will this affect the warranty since they are rated for 240?

Looking forward to a quick and easy install too...

Thanks

medic181075

Seaman

I'm happy to see this post. I bought a set of these a couple of weeks ago and will be installing them soon. I bought them for two reasons. 1. My daughter prefers a very slow speed while tubing and it is impossible to get up to plane, and 2. My wife has difficulty getting out of the water while skiing due to the 120 hp volvo penta in a 17.5' bow rider.

Based on all of the positive discussion on here, I'm sure I will be happy.

southtexas

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just (easily) installed my Nauticus Smart Tabs SX today on my 20' Everglades flatbottom. Bought them after reading all of the feedback on iboats. AND THEY ARE AWESOME!!! It has virtually eliminated ANY initial bowlift, meaning I basically start on plane. This is a huge improvement considering my boat is heavy overall (and stern heavy), and I've only got a 115 on it. Got about 5mph more than ever before (almost 20% increase), and it was choppy here today!

My only problem is the instructions show using 4 "push-though, snap in" bolts; my package came with 2 push throughs and 2 nylon nuts and bolts. I used the push throughs to connect to the tabs themselves, used the nuts and bolts to connect to the top mount. Wish they came with 4 "push through, snap ins"; they seem much less likely to work themselves free than the nuts/bolts.

I already sold one buddy on them today; he's ordering some this week (no commission needed:D). Great product!!!!

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

I used the smarttabs on my sugar sand heat, your basic 15.5 foot jet boat with a merc 95 sport jet. (aka, sort of a dog!) smart tabs DRAMATICALLY changed the boat, like adding 50 hp to it! It went from struggling to get on plane to jumping out of the water.

I do have one complaint... it made the boat more stable! This is on an oversized jetski, once I installed them it wouldn't spin very well, and submarines were no more. I made a quick fix with a cable that I can secure the tabs in a full up position if I want to go play around, but for normal cruising they are always down.

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Smokingcrater;

When ever I hear that our Smart Tabs are going onto a jet boat, I immediately tell the person that things will be different. When you turn, it turns, and etc. However, you found the solution and now you have the best of both worlds. Have fun!

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Yeah it wasn't really a complaint, the boat should have come with them from the factory! I had expected some improvement, but didn't realize how much they would help.

99% of my time on the boat is with them in the normal down position anyway, not not much of a problem.

DaveHarlos

Cadet

My portable gps clocked my 9'AB at 18mph. The tabs work great!

Cheers, Dave