A Tip For Keeping Minnows on the Hook

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Bait fishing from the bank, sometimes you have to cast a pretty good distance & minnows have a tendancy to get knocked off the hook by the shock of a long cast, or on impact with the water.<br /><br />I've found that if you magnetize your hooks by scraping them a few times across a magnet, minnows will stay on better.<br /><br />Any other solutions?<br /><br />thanks

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: A Tip For Keeping Minnows on the Hook

How in the heck does that work? :confused:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> How in the heck does that work? :confused:
You tie a hook onto the end of your fishing line, put some bait on it, and let out enough line for it to get to where the fish live...

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Nate in AR:<br /> fish from the bank? :confused: :confused:
Not the kind of bank that loans money, Nate. "Bank" is also another word for "shore," but only usually used for the land around fresh water, like a lake or river.

NathanY

Commander

Yeah I know that, but the shore is where you park your boat silly, you dont fish there.

LadyFish

Admiral

LMAO. I don't get why magnatizing the hook will make it stay in the minnow better unless the minnow is also magnetic. :confused: <br /><br />Seems kinda silly to me. Must be a guy thing. :p <br /><br />I cast out 30+ yards and have never lost a minnow yet and I didn't magnitize them either. Do you hook in the lips or the back?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

:p :p :p :p <br />Sorry, it's actually more of an April 1st thing.<br /> :cool:

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Jeeez. Very funny. Thanks for giving away one of the best kept secrets of all time. Now everybody will be doing it.

one more cast

Captain

you had me confused but I just thought you....wer'nt drinking any less!

LadyFish

Admiral

Good one jtexas. That bothered me all day until I finally had to ask. <br /><br />You got me.
6.gif

TKE381

Seaman

I spent the better part of the day discussing this with my fishing buddy. You got us both. Good one! Now, if you used an aluminum magnet, I'd buy it!

muskybob

Cadet

I thought that only worked when fishing for "steelhead". :)

fireman57

Captain

I thought it was just jtexas magnetic personality showing through. Good thing that steelspike wasn't there or he'd have been pulled right in without a chance.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

I hook them between the eyes <br /><br />NOT through the eyes themselves just through the thin bridge -<br /><br />this is the best way to hook them

fireman57

Captain

tomatolord I think that you missed it. Look at the date that jtexas posted this and then the responses.