A time to mourn- We lost one of ours

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Hi all,<br /> This is kind of awkward, but I don't know any other way to say it, so I just will. <br /> A couple of months ago I reached out to get some answers to why anyone would vote for Kerry and asked for replies to come to my e-mail. Some of you replied, but one sticks out. A man(David Georges, I don't know his username. Maybe iboats can help out of its not too invading of privacy) that said he pretty much lurked in iboats and didn't post much, but would take the time to explain things related to Vietnam Vets( my husband is one). He told me things I needed to know so I could try to understand what my husband went through. Its was so very helpful. Anyway, not to go into too much detail this wonderful person passed away recently. He was so sick from his injuries due to Vietnam and disabled. Its very sad and he's impacted so many lives. I just wanted to post the message I recieved from his daughter, Carol.<br /> Here it is:<br /><br />Major David Charles Georges has reported to his eternal duty station. His departure from the previous post was in keeping with the finest traditions of the U.S. Marine Corps, and he was seen off by close members of his family. He will be missed by all who knew him, and we know he will be warmly greeted by the Supreme Commandant of the Universe. His service to his fellow Americans, and particularly to those warriors who shared his gratitude to his beloved country, and his love for all things honorable, will remain in many memories. His wife, his loving children, and those other family members, together with his many friends, will celebrate the man we knew, and will cherish him in our hearts so long as our lives endure. We will long recall his enthusiasm, his love for family and for his fellow warriors, his desire to assist all in "coming all the way home" from their own, in his words, "very bad day" in a far-away place. Many of us will overcome difficulties in our lives because we have seen the model of a man who overcame so much more. His mortal remains lie on the gentle slope of a beautiful hill in Missouri, among those ancestors and other relatives who preceded him, beginning with his great-great-great grandfather, Charles Ansaulte d'Georges, the first Georges in America, who fought in the War of 1812. In every generation, the men of the Georges family served honorably in the military service of this grand nation, and were probably assembled in formation on his arrival, welcoming their latest warrior to their midst. It would be his prayer for all who read this that you be well blessed, and continue the struggle to ward off those demons who call at times you least expect them. May peace embrace you, and the love of Almighty God surround you, through all the days of your life. <br /><br />For those of you who met him, whether online or at one of the veteran's gatherings, you're all still my uncles and aunts, because you were his brothers and sisters. That's the way I've known many of you through the years, as we met at the various times, and I've loved each of you. I thank each of you for the friendship you showed to him, and to us, over the years. If you're interested. I can't offer any of the things Dad was able to say to you, because I haven't walked in your shoes. But, you're each important to us, and we will be praying that your future is one of peacefulness and great love toward you. Carol

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: A time to mourn- We lost one of ours

Semper Fi, and thank you, Major Georges.

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: A time to mourn- We lost one of ours

Uh, darn. What can you say? Thanks for screwing up my eyes with the tears. He must have been a heck of a guy.