A thanks to JB.

Pony

Rear Admiral
This is in response to other threads which i am sure you have all read.<br /><br />Despite what anyone may think JB has a lot to do. This isnt a shot at any other mod or anything of that nature. Fact is without JB i doubt iboats would be what it is today. Yeah we as a collective group make up this community, but what community can fuction without some leadership. I dont know about the rest of you but I am always hoping that JB posts on my threads, because I have a tremendous amount of respect for his vast knowledge and ability to remain un-biased. <br /><br />To see him refered to as an old man who sits in front of his computer all day is a disgrace. He deserves a heck of a lot more respect than that. <br /><br />So in short JB keep it up, and thanks for treating all of us with respect despite the fact that it must be difficult given some you have to deal with. THANKS :) . I'm sure others feel the same way. I dont want to start a war with this thread just a simple kind hearted thanks to let JB know he's appreciated on this site.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: A thanks to JB.

suck up........

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

and toady, sycophant, boot licker......<br /><br />just kidding, funny post..... :)

Pony

Rear Admiral

not trying to suck up, even though im sure it looks that way........just trying to show a little respect to a man who has seen some bashing of late :) <br /><br />that and whats the point of sucking up...no need to. not like if im nice he will boost my post numbers or anything :D

chugger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I was surprised to see that thread locked but given the tone of recent discussions, and that idiot pirate, I can see why he did what he did. Considering the great amount of respect everyone here has for him I'm amazed at how much flak he's taking. But he strikes me as the kind of guy that has weathered worst storms and become a better sailor because of it.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I agree with previous and respect his tolerance of all. If half the folks here were mods, they'd lock all the posts of the other half, and vice versa. Then there'd be nothing to read.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

BTW, I do indeed respect JBs input, and the job as a mod. I did mod a forum some time ago that was very much tamer than iboats, easy, but the time required was extraordinary.

FLATHEAD

Captain

I moderate a forum with 700 hundred fisherman, nothing compared to this but you know what? It can be a real pain the keester at times, and very time consuming and thankless. <br /><br />I know JB aint sweating the small stuff, he does a fine job here. If he didnt ruffle a few feathers from time to time he would not be doing his job.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

consider as well that there are several Mods for iboats, and JB is the most active.<br /><br />Additionally, JB claims to a former professor, and I do indeed respect that. Like it or not, I being a person who werks in an environment that is loaded with "thinking heads", I sure would love to have a face to face conversation with the like of JB, as well as all folks here. The deal is that we are here for an equal attraction. Short of the members who post to stir up the pot and desire ascension, we enjoy challenging each other through on line conversation. Either in agreement, or as a polarized debate. <br /><br />None here know me, for example, in person. Some would sure as sin not care for myself, but others would. Same way for most of us.<br /><br />This post of mine is not intended to soften the jab (in fun by the way) at pony, nor endear JB. Just some thoughts. :) <br /><br />Pat

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

^<br />What they said... :) <br /><br />Red sky at night, Ancient Mariner...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks all, for your complimentary comments.<br /><br />I really appreciate the support, especially when I take an unpopular stand. :)

Pony

Rear Admiral

thanks for the wisdom JB....takin a stand isnt easy. especially when its about political issues etc.....

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

NO THANKS.....THEY POOFED MY POST BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T AGREE WITH IT..<br /><br /><br />YOU TAKE SOME OF THE NO GOOD GOVERNMENT DEPENDENT FOLKS TO THE HIDEOUT WITH YOU....YOU'LL BE SITTING RIGHT ALONG SIDE OF US!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

KeltonKrew.. I read your rant, and I sympathize, but I gotta say let it go, Man..... :cool:

crab bait

Captain

WHATTTT..!!..??<br /><br />an old man who sits at a computor all day<br /><br />WHATTTT..!!..??<br /><br />i'd sure would hate to hafta wrestle 'em.. :) ..<br /><br />your a good guy ,JB..

QC

Supreme Mariner

JB, <br /><br />You are a decent man, and I consider that a compliment as well as a personal goal. Thank you.

D

DJ

I know JB, personally. A finer man you'll never meet.<br /><br />He does a thankless job, on this forum, because he believes in the forum as a whole-helping fellow boaters, as do I.<br /><br />Dockside chat is difficult, at best, to navigate, not to mention moderate, IMHO. He does a fine job.<br /><br />For those of you that continue to throw insults his way, I would request that you rethink your position. It's easy to blast a man that you don't know.<br /><br />We need to be civil here. That's what this board is all about and why it has been so succesful. <br /><br />We can disagree on everything from politics to carburetor overhauls, but we do it as civil adults. Let's carry on, in that tradition.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

There's worse things in this world than sittin in front of a computer all day.<br /><br />Simply put from me, THANKS and your doin a great job keeping us all in line. <br /><br />It aint easy keeping people in line and keeping things flowing smoothly.