A tale for St Patties Day (C&P)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Well a Scotsman clad in kilt left a bar on evening fair<br />And one could tell by how we walked that he drunk more than his share<br />He fumbled round until he could no longer keep his feet<br />Then he stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street<br />Ring ding diddle diddle I de oh ring di diddly I oh<br />He stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street<br /><br />About that time two young and lovely girls just happend by<br />And one says to the other with a twinkle in her eye<br />See yon sleeping Scotsman so strong and handsome built<br />I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath the kilt<br />Ring ding diddle diddle I de oh ring di diddly I oh<br />I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath the kilt<br /><br />They crept up on that sleeping Scotsman quiet as could be<br />Lifted up his kilt about an inch so they could see<br />And there behold, for them to see, beneath his Scottish skirt<br />Was nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth<br />Ring ding diddle diddle I de oh ring di diddly I oh<br />Was nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth<br /><br />They marveled for a moment, then one said we must be gone<br />Let's leave a present for our friend, before we move along<br />As a gift they left a blue silk ribbon, tied into a bow<br />Around the bonnie star, the Scots kilt did lift and show<br />Ring ding diddle diddle I de oh ring di diddly I oh<br />Around the bonnie star, the Scots kilt did lift and show<br /><br />Now the Scotsman woke to nature's call and stumbled towards a tree<br />Behind a bush, he lift his kilt and gawks at what he sees<br />And in a startled voice he says to what's before his eyes.<br />O lad I don't know where you been but I see you won first prize<br />Ring ding diddle diddle I de oh ring di diddly I oh<br />O lad I don't know where you been but I see you won first prize

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: A tale for St Patties Day (C&P)

Lovely ballad, LT, but not an Arshman. Scots don't like being called Irish and vice versa.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: A tale for St Patties Day (C&P)

OOOOPS :eek: :eek: Sorry, Let me fix that. We don't need Stan or any of the other Scotsmen getting thier Kilts in a bunch ;) :)