A Smart Newbie.

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: A Smart Newbie.

Excellent story. I'm sure that he really appreciated your knowledge about launching and boating expertise.

How come U Mainers are not that way about your DEER? :)

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Great story its nice to see people like you. As a new boat owner with some experance I was also helped with my first time putting in by a great older guy who stopped when leaving the ramp to help me out. If Paul learned the same lesson I did he will pay it foward and help the people he comes across!

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer

reminds me of "Chic" at the Ramp on Lk Hopatcong,NJ, my first day out, gave me a new roller for the trailer that was missing, showed all the ropes just as you did, got me off right, I wont forget him. Thanks Chick if your reading.

ziggy

Admiral

right on man. a great story and read. a happy ending too. what more can ya ask for... :)

Knot Waiting

Excellent story and a new standard of courtesy. Well done. If we all could pay it foward as well things would be alot easier for everyone.

Navy Jr.

Agree, a fabulous story. Uh, did you happen to mention anything to Paul about the iBoats forum???:)

Jeff-in-PA

Chief Petty Officer

Good to hear you took some time to give someone else a better outlook on the great passtime of boating.

I've helped a number of people backing backing up at ramps. To over simplify, start straight and keep your hands on the bottom half of the wheel. ( keeping your hands below the 3:00 & 9:00 positions on the steering wheel moves the boat trailer the same way you move the steering wheel)

Perhaps Paul will have the opertunity to pay it forward to someone else in the future.

Jeff