A Non-Political information website

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer
One thing I have noticed is that there are frequent requests by respondents on a topic of someone to substantiate a position by linking to a "credible, non-political link or website." Not trying to quote any members in particular so the above is just a paraphrase of what I have read. Not sure if the correct term should be non-political or non-partisan.

Does such a place exist on the web?

I think we can rule out the major media outlets, even if they get the facts correct there are always claims of partiality made.

I would like to nominate one place. Not sure if it is entirely non-partisan but the website www.factcheck.org
seems to make an honest effort at it.

What are your opinions or references to non-partisan information website?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: A Non-Political information website

Parrott_head said:
Does such a place exist on the web?
Sure. But when used, the oppostition (not pickin a side on this one) would SEE it as a biased source. So, in my opinion, the answer is never. Regardless of the source, the opponent will always see "enemy".

crunch

Commander

Anyone that gets all of their news from just one source isn't getting news, they are getting that sources opinion.

The only way to get fair and balanced news is to look at 15 to 20 different sources and see how each one reports the same event, filter it through your perception of reality, and come to your own conclusion... of course that doesn't guarantee that you will know what really happened. :p

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

The only way to get fair and balanced news is to look at 15 to 20 different sources and see how each one reports the same event, filter it through your perception of reality, and come to your own conclusion... of course that doesn't guarantee that you will know what really happened.

Funny I have used:

NBC
CBS
ABC
CNBC
MSNBC
AIR AMERICA
THE NY TIMES
LA TIMES
PBS
THE GUARDIAN
AP
REUTERS
THE MILWAUKEE JOURNAL SENTINAL
WASHINGTON TIMES
TIME
NEWSWEEK
& A BUNCH OF HOLLYWOOD "DOCUMENTARIES"

And all I can do is conclude that President Bush is actually the anti-christ. 8)

artburr

Petty Officer 1st Class

POINTER94 said:
The only way to get fair and balanced news is to look at 15 to 20 different sources and see how each one reports the same event, filter it through your perception of reality, and come to your own conclusion... of course that doesn't guarantee that you will know what really happened.

Funny I have used:

NBC
CBS
ABC
CNBC
MSNBC
AIR AMERICA
THE NY TIMES
LA TIMES
PBS
THE GUARDIAN
AP
REUTERS
THE MILWAUKEE JOURNAL SENTINAL
WASHINGTON TIMES
TIME
NEWSWEEK
& A BUNCH OF HOLLYWOOD "DOCUMENTARIES"

And all I can do is conclude that President Bush is actually the anti-christ. 8)

You might want to add http://english.aljazeera.net/News
to the list.