A new owner with stupid questions

snmpgh

Cadet
I am in the process of purchasing a 2000 Wellcraft Marinique 2400. This is the first boat I will own, but I have been on and around boats since I was 4 (many years ago). Low hours, but needs a good cleaning a a few minor repairs.

I know where the anchor locker is (behind the mirror in the fore of the cabin), but how do I secure the rope in there to keep the anchor tight against the pulpit? The previous owner has the anchor tied to the rail with a bit of spare rope.

Also, how do I get out there to tie it off or let it down? The center of the window opens, but how am I supposed to step up there?

And is the top deck over the cabin sturdy enough for a 200lb man to walk on?

Thanks

Mike

Dave K.

Chief Petty Officer
Re: A new owner with stupid questions

mike, not sure about the first two questions but this is what i do: yes, the cabin should easily hold your weight. i walk out on my cabin & secure the anchor to a clete & tie up remainder line to the bow rail. now, they say to tie up to the eye hook directly in the front (bow) of the boat. that may be a good idea for a bigger boat. mine is only a 16' & i usually anchor in a small bay where the current isn't very strong..hope this helps & i'm sure more knowledible guys will chime in..

welcome!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: A new owner with stupid questions

there are many products on the market to secure anchors on deck and rail mounts. you could always put a cleat on the deck, get the anchor secure in the pulpit, then secure the line to the cleat.