A horror for sure!!

spratt

Lieutenant
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,139326,00.html <br /><br />PLANO, Texas — With a calm and dispassionate voice and a hymn playing in the background, Dena Schlosser (search) confessed to the unthinkable, telling a 911 operator she'd cut off the arms of her baby girl. <br /><br />The woman was sitting in her living room covered with blood when police arrived Monday. Her nearly 11-month-old daughter lay fatally injured in a crib in a bedroom of the family's apartment in Plano. The child died shortly afterward at a nearby hospital.<br /><br />Police have charged the 35-year-old mother with capital murder, but declined to reveal where she is being held.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: A horror for sure!!

Are these people bloody crazy? I'll bet she will will blame Satan, a bimbo here in Ft. Wayne killed her infant, kept in the house for weeks. She "Thought it was sleeping" Save the trial $ and WACK her.

spratt

Lieutenant

Another case here in my local home town: A man was in jail, and the kids were with their mother, his girlfriend...upon his release, he went home, the door was locked, he called police, and they had to be let in by a 2 year old...teh mother was drunk in bed with about 300 beer cans around the room, the two youngest babies had starved to death, and when the police got the lady awake, she had to go to the bathrooma dn grabbed another beer on her way!!! Still do not know why this tragedy happened!!!

KaGee

Admiral

I saw that this morning... I will never be able to understand how someone could do something like this. <br /><br />Another Angel in Heaven. God bless her soul.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea, let them stay at home and give them more food stamps to buy more beer with.

SoulWinner

Commander

The more time and money we spend trying to understand these crime and those who perpetrate them, the worse it seems to get. There is a reason Singapore has far less crime per capita than we do! They punish offenders there while we slap wrists, wring hands and wonder where society went wrong! If liberals can blame the WI shooting on racist whites, then I'll play that game. This tragedy occurred because liberals are ruining this country! Neener!

spratt

Lieutenant

I don't remember ever hearing about these type of crimes back growing up in the 50's, 60's and 70's...it is just so sad, thinking of a helpless child receiving the brunt of something like that, and they can do nothing to prevent it, nor did tehy do anything to cause it!!!

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

In regards to where they hold her I certinaly hope it is in the unsupervised area of the general population, the other inmates can figure it out.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> The more time and money we spend trying to understand these crime and those who perpetrate them, the worse it seems to get. There is a reason Singapore has far less crime per capita than we do! They punish offenders there while we slap wrists, wring hands and wonder where society went wrong! If liberals can blame the WI shooting on racist whites, then I'll play that game. This tragedy occurred because liberals are ruining this country! Neener!
Are you serious? Do you really believe that this had more to do with politics than with mental illness? Do you honestly believe that different laws would have prevented this womans action? I can folllow that line of reasoning with alot of crimes, but only for criminals capable of rational thought. This woman clearly doesn't fit that category.<br /><br />Now the drunk woman who let her two kids starve is a totally different story. <br /><br />And Spratt, I bet this type of thing did happen years ago but we didn't hear about it because of the differences in the media back then as compared to now.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by LakeLivin:<br /> And Spratt, I bet this type of thing did happen years ago but we didn't hear about it because of the differences in the media back then as compared to now.
Lake, you may be right...all I know is taht we constantly are barraged with these stories nowadays...and it so saddens me when defenseless innocent children (or anyone for that matter) or so coldly murdered...

sheaston

Seaman Apprentice

they should cut off her arms and beat her to with them.<br />how could anyone do that to their child.

LadyFish

Admiral

It is one of the sickest things I have ever heard of.<br /><br />I highly doubt that post partum depression is the cause for women mutilating or murdering their own children. I thought depression is anger turned inward. How would that make you want to mame your own children. <br /><br />These severe cases should be consdiered mental illness and treated as such. Children should not be left alone with the parent if anyone suspects this is a problem.<br /><br />Where are the families of this woman, CPS also should have taken more proactive measures.<br /><br />This one just makes me spitting mad. :mad:

KennyKenCan

Commander

So...<br /><br />Where is the outcry to ban kitchen knives?<br /><br />More murders per year, are committed using kitchen knives, then any other weapon!<br /><br />So, where is the outcry against them?

ebbtide176

Commander

lakelivin, soulW is referring to the shooting thread, where WBW made the case it must be racially motivated and we should be sympathetic to the plight of the hmung....(bad timing)<br /><br />ya know, this kind of news i could do without.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> <br />Where are the families of this woman, CPS also should have taken more proactive measures.<br /><br />This one just makes me spitting mad. :mad:
I'm spittin' right along with ya, LF!!!! Nothing makes me more angry than children or women being abused or hurt. Perhaps my Mama put that into me, but it would never occur to me NOT to intervene in a situation where I thought or perceived that a child or woman was being abused...and I HAVE intervened in the past...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Sick beyond belief!<br />Im not one of those who wants to psyco-analyze mutant sick behaviour, but this one makes me want to get into the head of that beast, find out how to identify it before it snaps, and find out what makes it tick, so we can exterminate it before it breeds or snaps!!<br />Amazing!