A heartfelt thanks to my friends here.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
With the passing of Hanna, I felt like there was a hole in my person. A piece of me removed that couldn't be replaced. I can't remember being that emotional in many years. Her passing showed me just how much she met to me in my life. I travel for work and had few if anyone (I wouldn't vent on co-workers or customers) to lean on. Thank you to everyone for your kind words and support while I was working through this sad chapter. <br /><br />Although I know it is too soon I just can't wait to fill our house with the love and companionship that only a dog can provide. Hanna cannot be replaced but a new chapter can begin. Ann and I are off to pick up our new puppy this morning.<br /><br /> http://www.southbranchgoldens.com/ <br /><br />As silly as it sounds, thanks to all who, with their posts, made my dealing with hanna's passing easier. My background being somewhat unusual, has insulated me from the passing of any loved ones. Having to deal with this event, and its effect on myself and Ann, really took me by suprize. Your involvement really meant alot to me.<br /><br />Doug

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: A heartfelt thanks to my friends here.

pointer, I sure like "a new chapter can begin". Thanks pointer........my best to you and Ann. :)

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Doug I think you just marked yourself out as a true gent by acknowledging the people on here and that gets a big thumbs up from me :) <br />The old saying of "It's nice to be nice" is very true and sadly missing in a lot of folks.<br /><br />I didn't read the full posting that you did on Hanna because I'm a big softy when it comes to dogs and I knew it would have gotten to me too much but I know exactly how you must have felt having been through it myself several times. We definitely get very attached to them, sometimes more than people we know.<br /><br />Heh Heh: a new puppy in the house is going to be a lot of fun and a whole new adventure: hope you're ready for it :D

Trent

Captain

Good luck with the new puppy! I dont know what I will do when I lose my lab. He is my buddy!

KaGee

Admiral

Don't forget the "pee-pads"!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Don't ever forget how much your professional knowledge and the time you spent on the phone long-distance, meant to some poor dude down here in Florida who had lost his only water supply. Such debts of gratitude and kindness can never be repaid, Doug. Just know you have at minimum, five good friends here in Florida for sure, who "have your six" forever.<br /><br />"FRIENDS CAN EITHER LEAD YOU, OR BE LED BY YOU WITHOUT STIPULATIONS"-- Bob Keeshan (the good captain).<br />
40111021.jpg