A Gathering Storm for the Media

D

DJ

Re: A Gathering Storm for the Media

jtexas,<br /><br />I'm not finding fault with FEMA. They're doing their job. <br /><br />It seems that some will NEVER be happy with the response time.<br /><br />
Somebody help me out here, who has read all these news reports, I'll re-read 'em if I have to, but I don't recall seeing where Blanco quoted as having asked the Feds for something & didn't get it? I've seen Landrieu, Nagin, Broussard, other democrats, plenty of editorials and a few "news" reports that did, but I got the feeling that Blanco knows who is really at fault.<br />
You are correct, they DID NOT ask. When asked, the Fed's came in droves.<br /><br />Remember, it is the "states right" to ask and NOT accept, if they do not want to.<br /><br />FEMA was there, when asked. Believe me, the Fed's have PLENTY of resources. I just do not think we should always we always cry "wolf" when not needed.<br /><br />Many states can handle an emergency, on a smaller scale. Louisiana is a lesson in crooked politics.<br /><br />Let's not forget, this emergency is HUGE. But, that does not excuse the Governors reluctance to act. She has allot of questions to answer, which of course, she will NEVER be asked.

Ralph 123

Captain

President of American Red Cross just said on O'Reilly they were kept out of NO by the State.... that's it. Game, set, match... Blanco will be lucky not to be criminally indicted.

D

DJ

Ralph,<br /><br />Get ready. "They" all know the Red Cross is nothing but a "right wing org., with a hate agenda". ;) <br /><br />It's true, they have a "hate" of doing the right thing. Stupidity and bias are their calling cards.

Ralph 123

Captain

That's it though DJ - She said they were prepared to go in immediately after the storm and were stopped by the State - that means all that misery in the Dome, Convention Center, Overpasses, etc. could have still been avoided - even after the screwed up by not getting people out before and/or not provisioning it. <br /><br />This is going to sink them......

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

sorry dj, my bad, you were clear about that...I meant for it to be "whoever wants to find fault" will be able to.<br /><br />for example, FEMA gave Charleston, South Carolina 30 minutes notice to prepare for a plane-load of evacuees. The plane landed in Charleston, West Virginia. oops.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by telmanmn:<br /> any one who says liberal on this issue, I say BS. Bush Scattolagy.
Hmmmm! What party ideology does the Governess of LA and the Mayor of NO subscribe to??? :cool: <br /><br />IMHO they held the Feds at bay because they wanted to allow payback time for all of their hacks and lackeys. (NO Police looting Walmart)<br /><br />Well Hey, that's no goofier than what the like of telmanmn are offering.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can envision the house of cards falling over. Nagin will be on TV tommorrow to sell out Blanco. <br />The media will spin it so it'll still be GW's fault.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by wildbill59:<br /> I can envision the house of cards falling over. Nagin will be on TV tommorrow to sell out Blanco. <br />The media will spin it so it'll still be GW's fault.
WB, then Blanco will blame it on Nagin and it will still be GW's fault. :p ;) :D

Ralph 123

Captain

Hurricane Katrina: Why is the Red Cross not in New Orleans?<br /><br />* Acess to New Orleans is controlled by the National Guard and local authorities and while we are in constant contact with them, we simply cannot enter New Orleans against their orders.<br /> http://www.redcross.org/faq/0,1096,0_682_4524,00.html

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Bush going to need to tread very lightly...he needs to stay above it all...find another media outlet for the truth...just state the facts...don't let the media make him into a finger-pointer. that's my advice for the president I bet he's waiting up all night for this. ;)

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's all a scheme to divert us from Rowe supposedly selling out the CIA agent. Yep, I can just see the Reverand Jackson now, conspiracy theory and all. But the cards have been shone and it's still a one deck card.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

wildbill, don't you see the obvious contradiction in your statements? You can't build a house of cards with a one-card deck!<br /><br /> ;)

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

I know, Bush and his oil buddies whipped up Katrina to destroy those oil refineries to build up the cost of oil, and make more $$. <br /><br />And the repubs wants all Black America to die.<br /><br />Bush secretly blew holes in in the levee's, so NO would be flooded, ya know they missed with the dead on hit to NO. Haliburton couldn't control the storm like they thought.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by spudbartlett:<br /> I know, Bush and his oil buddies whipped up Katrina to destroy those oil refineries to build up the cost of oil, and make more $$. <br /><br />
you might've been joking, spud, but here's the science behind it:How Katrina Was Engineered

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dude,<br />I hope your joking.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I know about social engineering but never realized there was also weather engineering. That Woodpecker transmitter must be one bad mutha.<br /><br />Tex, Blanco and Nagin are not operating with a full deck and Jesse is using the one card in the deck I usually throw out, the useless joker.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Huh? I didn't read jtexas's link but let me guess, Katrina was Haliburtons fault? :p

PW2

Commander

I see the right wing propaganda machine is in full gear.<br /><br />I'm curious how you will spin FEMA's lack of response in Mississippi on the governor of Louisiana.<br /><br />Oh, well! I am willing to wait for an investigation, to see what really happened.<br /><br />Whatever happened, on this GWB and I agree completely: The resonse was unacceptable.<br /><br />And DJ, you seem to be obsessed with where I live? How does that have any relation to anything? Just curious.

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by telmanmn:<br /> any one who says liberal on this issue, I say BS. Bush Scattolagy.
whaaaaa!......stop calling me liberal!....... :D

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by spudbartlett:<br /> I know, Bush and his oil buddies whipped up Katrina to destroy those oil refineries to build up the cost of oil, and make more $$. <br /><br />And the repubs wants all Black America to die.<br /><br />Bush secretly blew holes in in the levee's, so NO would be flooded, ya know they missed with the dead on hit to NO. Haliburton couldn't control the storm like they thought.
Finally, someone is making some sense! Thanks for being bold enough to speak the truth. <br /><br />Personally, I wrap my head in tin foil so GW's mind reading satellites can't record my thoughts. :eek: