A fathers letter to Ms. Sheehan

D

DJ

Re: A fathers letter to Ms. Sheehan

David,<br /><br />I know MANY troops.<br /><br />The thing they HATE is: "I support the troops and not the cause".<br /><br />What the *((&. It's the same thing, in their eyes. Either you are with them, all the way, or NOT AT ALL.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Ok DJ, no hard feelings, I geuss I was quick to jump too.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> "I support the troops and not the cause".<br />
Typical meaningless Liberal Tripe. It's the same kind of logic that gives us "We hate abortions, but it's about a womans right to choose"!

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

I know several back, and I guess they tell me something different than you.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Support the troops but not support the war? What kind of wierd, non-sensical logic is that? The troops are there to kill the bad guys. If you're against the war, you don't want the bad guys to be shot at. Huh?

Realgun

Commander

I say the only good that came from Katrine is that the idiot Pres has found something better to do.<br /><br />I support our troops and hope they are all safe. I support the war which it is not, its a police action! :D <br /><br />I wish we could trust the Iraqi' to do the job themselves but they cannot do so just now.<br /><br />I would love to have our troops home from Germany and Korea but thats not happening either.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Saying "I support the troops but not the war"<br /><br />Is like saying: I support the death penalty as long as they don't execute any one.

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

If you can not figure out the difference between supporting our troops and not the war, then you are definitely not a person who supports our troops. You support your party(or ideaology). Sorry!

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Okay, that's fine but if you want to get the clear message across, shoudn't "I support the troops but not the war (cause, etc.)" be amended to something like, "I support the troops to be brought home immediately and I don't support the war?" If your desire is to get all the troops out and end the war, okay, that's your opinion and that's fine and dandy. The phrase, "I support the troops but not the war" makes no sense.

Marc J.

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm assuming you guys are tearing apart David's thread. I feel that David's position is not necessarily opposed to Mr. Smith's, but a different argument. <br /><br />"I support the troops but not the war" is somewhat confusing taken out of context, but I understand some of the views involved in this statment. I support our troops in stabilizing Iraq and pray for their safe return when their job is done. I also feel that we as a country are no better off than we were before the war. Too many of our soldiers are not returning home to their families and even more of the world hates us.

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

quote by realgun:<br />__________________________________________________<br />I would love to have our troops home from Germany and Korea but thats not happening either.<br />__________________________________________________<br />That is happening now. It will take a few years to close down the bases/camps in Germany and Korea. And there is not enough Barracks, Motor pool, and Head quarters Buildings to accommodate all of the returning units. There is a lot of construction going on right now to prepare for returning units

Capt Joe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Subject: Our soldiers...<br /><br />This is from a current serving Major and obviously a very proud mum...... maybe the do gooders of today should heed this man's words ..............<br /><br />On this, the Vietnam Vets 39th anniversary of the battle of Long Tan and this still happens.<br /><br />One of my sons serves in the military.<br /><br />He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were to him, and his troops, everywhere he goes, telling me how people shake their hands, and thank them for being willing to serve, and fight, for not only our own freedoms but so that others may have them also.<br /><br />But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the base. He said that ahead of several people in front of him stood a woman dressed in a burka. He said when she got to the cashier she loudly remarked about the Australian flag lapel pin the cashier wore on her smock. The cashier reached up and touched the pin, and said proudly, quote; "Yes, I always wear it and I probably always will".<br /><br />The woman in the burka then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.<br /><br />A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son's shoulders, and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman: "Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen. It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we wouldn't need to be there today. <br />But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Iraq so you can straighten out the mess in YOUR country that you are obviously here in MY country to avoid".<br /><br />Everyone within hearing distance cheered!<br /><br />Pass it on.... Patriotism is not a Fad message. It's what we stand for.