A Concerned Thought About Mr. Kerry

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
It seems when ever I hear Mr. Kerry talk about terrorist, Alquida (sp), or any of the other bad guys we are hunting for....he says, quote,(often)"We will find them and KILL them". I've heard him say this a bunch of times. His running boy...oops...mate, something Edwards...says the same thing. "We are gonna KILL them".<br /><br />Now...when GW talks about hunting them down, he says, to the effect, "Bring them to justice" or "Make them pay for their crimes", etc. <br /><br />Now if I was running for the "Big Seat" of the USA, I don't think I'd wanna' be so crude as to say, "We are gonna KILL ya'". <br /><br />Is that right? Yeah...I'd like to see them dead too. But I'd really like to get hold of them first and make life miserable for them for a while.<br /><br />Should a Presidential Candidate be making those types of statements?

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: A Concerned Thought About Mr. Kerry

I agree with you OBJ. I thought the same thing when I heard him say it at the first debate. Once again he's just parroting what he thinks people want to hear or what he thinks will make him sound tougher on terrorism. He's not speaking from the heart. Who knows what he really believes.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

This is Kerry's form of Michael Dukakis's famous picture in tank. It's not really him but he is desperately trying to put on a show. It will gain him nothing in the end. <br /><br />Come January '05, we will hardly remember who who JFK was. All of their assembled lawyers will have been for naught.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Lets hope.

crab bait

Captain

prez can be crude a blazillion times ..he's a no-nonsense stra8 shootin' patriot.. <br /><br />crude once,, he a bad guy.. <br /><br />but yeah ,, i know what you mean.. <br /><br />very effective for kerry,tho..

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I'm with OBJ on this one. I noticed each and every time he mentioned "Kill them". <br /><br />With Ohio being a major swing state, it has me worried. People I have known for years that I have looked up to seem to be leaning towards Kerry. I have noticed more signs for him in my local area. I just wonder if it is the campaign ads that put the existing governor and Bush together that makes the state of Ohio look like it is in trouble. Gov Taft is more responsible for the loss of jobs, loss of residents, and increase in taxes than the president. At least when Bush did cut my taxes, and Taft raised them, it pretty much balanced out with the tax cut letting me have more of my check.<br /><br />I do agree with his words of "Killing Them" is not very professional, especially from someone that is surppose to know law!.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

OK, wasn't Kerry opposed to taking action in the first place....or maybe for it......then against it.....now???<br />Past experience with democrats in office minimal wishy washy action in dealings like this.<br />Anyone been paying attention over the past 35 years? I don't remember too many decisive decisions. What did Clinton do after the Cole bombing? Launched a few missles then end it. What did Kerry say after the 9-11 attack? Seems like I remember him first saying go on the offensive and get them, then he said we need to negotiate a peacful solution, then what?<br />Does he really think we are so ignorant that we forget from day to day and month to month what is said?<br />The only honest thing I believe is he says he will raise taxes, and what other choice is there? Even the working class gets a cost of living raise to keep up with inflation.

KaGee

Admiral

Let's see... First we gotta take a GLOBAL TEST, once/if that is passed, we gotta go to the UN, get down on hands and knees and beg the French, Germans and Russians to agree with us. <br /><br />Then we gotta get Kofi and his band of money-grubbing bandits paid off, in order to get a "resolution".<br /><br />Then we gotta stick our fingers in the wind and determine which way the political winds are blowing. If after all these steps, we arn't already blown to bits, we will put together a commision to look into the feasibility and practicality of hunting down and "killing" the terrorists. Even then, we really don't want to "kill" them, that's just a figure of speech. <br /><br />Finally, If JK's president, he has the "smarts" to determine that we should change our mind about the whole "killing" policy, as that is what's fueling the whole terrorists movement to begin with.<br /><br />Balance the "kill them" comments with the most recent one where they want things to go back to the way they were on September 10th.<br /><br />That's why the John's are dangerous to America!

KennyKenCan

Commander

I think this country will make a Royal "Flush" of the John's on Nov. 2!

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class

guys guys guys *shaking head from side to side*<br /><br />Why are you so worried about Kerry just SAYING the word "kill" when GWB has already killed thousands of innocent people and passed it off as "dealing with them"<br />I'd be more worried about that if I were you.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Come on guys you cant be serious rubbish Kerry for saying what GW is trying / doing and you all (ok most!) seem to support KILLING TERRORISTS (I do). You may not like him or his policies but it is a bit hypocrytical to say a leader shouldnt say those things

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Well, Chris. I heard tell that Kerry hunts ducks too. But that photo-shoot don't make him a duck hunter, does it?

DeltaTow

Cadet

I have grown rather tired of Kerry spouting that he has a plan for about everything, prob even has a plan for that ****le on his chin, but nary a word or any hints what those plans mite be. i for one have the fear that he is a lose cannon just waiting to go off and he will at first chance.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Hate to say it but "justice" and "kill" are the same exact thing in this instance. When I hear the prez say "justice", I know he means "daisycutter" or "B2 Bomber" or "special forces". Lets get real here....

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

When Kerry says we're going to kill the terrorists, he's just being realistic. Something the sitting president needs to learn about.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Yep..He needs to go hunt ducks, just like Kerry. :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Yeah Jim, I'm concerned about him too. I heard that the only paycheck he has ever received was from our government. He's never had a real job. So to think of it he does have an awful lot in common with the welfare addicts.<br /><br />Sorry, I won't vote for a person who has never known what its like to sweat for a living. <br /><br />Those of you who think it is okay to say that you will kill someone. Just say that in front of a cop. Or just send your kids to school and have them say they are going to kill someone. Now see what happens.