'99 Merc ELPTO 90 HP electric primer choke

Re: '99 Merc ELPTO 90 HP electric primer choke

My bro-in-law and I took a look again at the motor. He adjusted the screw on the main carb linkage slightly to allow the butterflies to open a little more and the motor runs great now and cranks every time. I will try it again tomorrow morning, but I'm pretty sure that the problem is taken care of.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Interesting! That idle speed adjustment should not have fixed the starting problem if you were using the fast idle lever properly. It does the same thing. However the engine may now idle at too high an RPM and create problems in the lower unit.

Originally posted by Upinsmoke:<br /> Interesting! That idle speed adjustment should not have fixed the starting problem if you were using the fast idle lever properly. It does the same thing. However the engine may now idle at too high an RPM and create problems in the lower unit.
If it does idle too fast, I'll adjust it back.

Originally posted by Upinsmoke:<br /> Interesting! That idle speed adjustment should not have fixed the starting problem if you were using the fast idle lever properly. It does the same thing. However the engine may now idle at too high an RPM and create problems in the lower unit.
Well, I didn't know how to use the advanced throttle properly until last night. After realizing how it works I now realize that it would have fixed my starting problems, and it has fixed my starting problems.<br /><br />By the way, I moved the screw on the main carb linkage back to the original location. I now have a great running boat on startup and while skipping across the water!!! :D