99 Dodge Durango Guru's

ehenry

Commander
Mrs. E. F. has the above mentioned ride. Yesterday the brake light and ABS light came on. I've checked the fluid level and the ABS sensors on the rear end and front end and chase all wires coming to each. I can't to the life of me find anything wrong.

Any ideas other than to get rid of the thing. Which we are planning to do real soon but I dont want a buch of dash light lit up.

xtraham

Lieutenant
Re: 99 Dodge Durango Guru's

gonna have to put it on a diagnostic computer,
it's probably just a wheel speed sensor
oh! if it has a connector on the reservoir for the brake fluid try unplugging it and see if the light goes out, or first tap and jiggle the reservoir to see if the float is stuck

dolluper

Captain

Did you try to retrieve the codes with the key by doing this with the KEY
ON-ACC-ON-ACC-ON>>> to see the code on the digital display

rwise

Captain

yes pull the code. how many miles on it? could the pads be getting thin? some of the computers monitor the fluid level when it drops it turns the light on, don't just add fluid if it's low there is a reason, pads thin, leak etc.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Are the sensors clean? Around here we are constantly cleaning surface rust off ABS sensors. Hopefully it is mechanical and not the control unit...... Have you checked your fuse box?

Pull the codes.

Coors

Captain

Yes, pull the codes off the computer.

Coors

Captain

Sometimes you have to erase the memory.

SuperNova

Lieutenant

Does your speedometer work ok or does it wobble a bit? Or maybe it doesn't read until you are already going 10 or 15 mph? I'm a master Dodge tech and the first place I'd look would be the rear speed sensor, just disconnect it and test resistance of the sensor, don't worry about spec., if its bad it'll be open. Second place I'd look would be the abs connector itself. Sometimes get moisture in it and causes high(for a sensor circuit) resistance. Course if I had a DRB III handy I'd do as these other gentlemen suggested and pull the code. But sometimes you just gotta fly blind. -Stan.

p.s. I'm not a guru. All the gurus work at midas, meineke and jiffy lube.

dolluper

Captain

Dodge 23K speed .>>>>>computter does locks, forgot about it eh!
Me shop wasn't Madass