97 johnson 150hp

tblshur

Senior Chief Petty Officer
advice on 150 fast strike 97 johnson are known to be good motors i know it depends on care of owners but any weak points to watch out for for instance i found out my 83 crossflow has bad ring / piston design just good points and bad thank you for any responce

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The faststrike models are the V-6 loopers and they are 60 degree.-----Good motors.----Just more wires / gadgets / more compact.------That means they are not as easy to trouble shoot / diagnose / repair.-----But everything is like that today.-----Many folks like " modern " stuff.-----Old and simple is not wanted anymore.

tblshur

Senior Chief Petty Officer
thanks for the reply i have looked at several used bass boats some have the 150,s and 175 s i may check compression on some thanks again

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
advice on 150 fast strike 97 johnson are known to be good motors i know it depends on care of owners but any weak points to watch out for for instance i found out my 83 crossflow has bad ring / piston design just good points and bad thank you for any responce
some v6 had leaking castings into the #1 cylinder..but I had HEARD they were less and less by 1997!. Plus the rectifiers go often....over heat...... otherwise...good motors.. I have many.