96 Larson Recarpet questions

hadvisor

Seaman Apprentice
Couple questions for you guys. I tore up my cabin carpeting down to the fiberglass so I can replace it all. It was glued down and came up fairly decent with little glue remaining on the floor. I have a couple access panels for the waste tank in the floor that was just carpeted over as well.

The floor was getting a bit loose in a few areas where the screws holding down the subfloor were starting to strip out under the carpet. The screws were about 1.5 inches, stainless, with a pretty coarse thread. Any recommendations on new screws(wood on wood) and if I should seal them. The panels are 3/4 ply.

When prepping the floor, sand off any remaining glue I assume. What type of adhesive should I use for the carpet? I don't want it to adhere too strongly in case some servicing needs to be done to the tanks below. Any recommendations on carpet type? I was just gonna go with a darker berber for wear and tear. I'll also have to wrap the steps as well. Is there a vapor sealer to consider as well? No signs of water damage at all - just curious I guess..
I'll work on a couple pics for your viewing pleasure...

Thanks!!

Attachments

• floor.jpg
    floor.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: