96 johnson j150exedb. Help with hoes location

Chuck4741444

Seaman Apprentice
I finished building motor i started a couple of yeas ago.

I know the the fuel in, oil in , and pules limitter all connect to the bottom of the VRO and the 2 primer lines

I dont know what hoses connets to the upper and lower barbs on the front a of the crank case cover.
And I dont know where any of the other hoses connect.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
I will assume you mean the recirculation hoses. There is a picture of them in the service manual. Both sides are the same.

Starboard side: top Front nipple connects to bottom rear nipple; Middle front nipple connects to top rear nipple; Bottom front nipple connects to middle rear nipple.

Port side: Top front nipple connects to bottom rear nipple; Middle front nipple connects to top rear nipple; bottom front nipple connects to middle rear nipple.

On the airbox, the upper main bearing vent gets a vacuum line, "teed" to the vapor pump. The port balance tube connects to the bottom of the airbox.

Chuck4741444

Seaman Apprentice
Thank for your help.
I have a couole of more questing
On page 3-40
1. The manul reads, connect the recirculatin hose to the hose, does refer to up and lower teed together?
2. Where is the pulse limiter valve?
3. Is this motor conciderrd a looper
4. Does this motor have cylinder block check valves? If so were do they install?i dont have a check valve to install.
I can buy one if needed..
Thanks gor you help.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
I do not have page 3-40 in my service manual. The service manual I refer to is the factory one for my '98 150HPV6 60* looper. Section 2 is the fuel section of the manual.

Not sure I understand #1 question. The last page of the fuel section in the service manual has a picture of the hose routing between the vapor pump, fuel bracket, primer, airbox, OMS pump and other fuel components.

The pulse limiter protects the fuel pump from a backfire thru the carb (and crankcase). It is located on the front part of the crankcase and it's vacuum hose feeds the fuel pump.

I think Johnson made several 150HP motors in that timeframe. All the 60*V6 motors were loopers. Your motor looks to be a 60*V6.

Crowleymarine does show check valves on your Johnny 160HPV6. You might check your motor for them. They are #8 on the cylinder and crankcase diagram.