96 gtx weird electrical issue

Wessler

Recruit
I have a 96 gtx. The ski runs great. Last weekend the ski started misfiring at 3k rpms and above. I thought got to be rectifier. Disconnected red rectifier wire and misfire went away . Ordered new rectifier and installed. Misfire came back. I’ve replaced rectifier 3 times in the 15 years I’ve had the ski and always fixes theissue. The WEIRD thing this time is that the high temp led is constantly flickering. No matter if the rectifier is plugged in or not. Unplug temp sensor and still flickers. New ground wire to starter installed and same issue. Any thoughts?

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Sure it’s not the battery ? Had similar issues with rectifier and battery on my old gtx. Was caused originally by jump starting the thing from a car. Lesson learned. But these wee batteries only last a year if they aren’t kept good. Very easy for them to fail partially, despite starting ok. They break down and can’t supply the ignition parts at higher rpms

Wessler

Recruit
Not the battery. I have 2 of these. Identical. Bought 2 new batteries this season and I have swapped the batteries in both skis a couple times since this issue started.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Not the battery. I have 2 of these. Identical. Bought 2 new batteries this season and I have swapped the batteries in both skis a couple times since this issue started.
Must be the rectifier then, you’d think. Or corrosion at terminals…or a weak connection perhaps. Worst case…you are overheating and it’s not good news. Hope you get to the bottom of it.