FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 95 40 hp yamaha that will not shut down. When I turn the key off, it continues running and I have to choke it to stop it. Any ideas as to the problem? The oil level light on the motor turns off/on with the switch, I don't understand????
Basically, you have lost the ground tp ignition part of the switch. Whether from a bad ground lead or a malfunction of the switch. Does the kill switch work?
take off cowling
find cdi box and the white wire, which is stop circuit
start motor
touch the white wire to the motor
if engine died u have a ba switch or ground
if motor still runs, bad stop circut, u need a new cdi box