95' bass tracker with 90hp inboard doesn't start all the time

tmoyer1010

Recruit
My issue is that sometimes my boat will start fine and sometimes it won't. When it wont start I have to lift the housing up because it is an inboard and take the yellow colored hose located by the carb and pull the top part of the hose off and blow the liquid out of it then put it back on and it will start right up. I don't get why it does this and I want to know what needs to be done. I don't know much about boats but this doesn't seem like to serious of a problem or to hard of a fix because it doesn't do it all the time. this is a 90hp sportjet motor

Re: 95' bass tracker with 90hp inboard doesn't start all the time

What is the "liquid" in the hose?? Water? Gas? Oil? Other?:)

OK, I'll take a guess!! I don't know these engines, but I think they have a fuel recirculation system? If you have a hose with gas in it, and that hose is not the main line from the tank to the carb, then it must be part of the fuel recirculation system. So I would do some trouble shooting in that system. If you don't have a manual then this is probably the time to get one;)

tmoyer1010

Recruit

what for trouble shooting would you try to figure out which part is the problem. I don't know alot about boats so I am just learning about this kind of stuff

calledinsick

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If this is the yellowish hose that connects the carbs together and then to the sound attenuator then it is a vent for the float bowls. These are notorious for clogging and preventing the floats from moving. Clean the hoses as well as the connectors (L and T connectors). Clean them twice/year.