94 omc cobra upper drive

whiskers1

Cadet
Does anyone know where to find a good deal on a rebuilt upper drive assembly. I've found plenty of these up to 93. Can I use a volvo penta sx. I have a 5.8L EFI engine.

dodge1971340

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 94 omc cobra upper drive

Hi RJ !!! YOU say you have 5.8 efi eng is it a king Cobra or is it just a reg cobra. Any omc cobra out drives are going for big money since they went out of bis ,a complet upper and lower go from 3,000 to 3,500, and sep they go for around 1,500 to 1,700. that is reman or some new. but if your looking for a good deal and you dont have to take a big risk they give you a warrinty i think 6 month they buy boats and part them out Rancho Marine recycling there in CA Phone 916-638-8908 or www.boatrecycling.com ... Im going threw the same thing my drive was stolen and i could of got a used 5.0 cobra complet with a 6 month warinty outdrive for 2,500 plus shipping. but i ended up buying a drive of ebay for 1,000. and i have to take a big risk on it, on ebay they go for about 800. to 1,500. for a complet drive and they also have uppers and lowers new and reman on there just go on ebay motors go on boat parts and punch in OMC cobra.I hope i helped GOOD DAY AND GOD BLESS GP