94 Mercury Sea Pro 30hp dies then stops.

Deza

Recruit
G'day<br /><br />I have a 1994 30hp Mercury Sea pro, the problem I have is that when I am travelling at speed (above half throttle)the motor has a tendancy to just die, lose power. If I throttle down it will idel along, but if I increase the throttle it will stop. It will then start just fine and off you go again. I have noticed that if I press the fuel primer (continuously)when it is dying it will pick up and go, until you stop pressing the primer. <br /><br />I have had one of the coil packs repalced, the motor just stopped one day and wouldn't start. <br />Would the coil pack have anything to do with the problem? <br /><br />It is a bit unerving when it just stops, for this reason I haven't taken it out any bars incase it stops when traversing one.<br /><br />Also does anyone have an exploded view diagram of my motor? I need to replace an impeller.<br /><br />Cheers from down under <br /><br />Deza

Deza

Recruit
Re: 94 Mercury Sea Pro 30hp dies then stops.

Thanks Bear <br /><br />this would make sense as the motor sat since 1994 to 1999 when I bought it on consignment. It was bought by a gov dept and was not right for the job. None of the paint was missing off the prop or bottom of the motor and the packing bracket to stop letting the motor swivel was still on it (surface rust)<br /><br />Cheers <br /><br />Deza