mvandijken
Recruit
Thread starter- Joined
- May 12, 2006
- Messages
- 1
Hi,<br /><br /> My Boat: <br /><br />'94 Force (Mercury) 120 hp outboard with 17' Bayliner Capri.<br /><br /><br /> Symptons: <br /><br />- Transmission seems to be stuck in forward<br />- Engine speed responds to input from throttle control<br />- Moving throttle control to neutral leaves transmission engaged in forward at idle<br />- Moving throttle control to reverse and accelerating leaves transmission engaged in forward and engine speed responds accordingly<br /><br /><br /> Further into:<br /><br />- Took cover off engine, throttle and tranmission linkages appear to be connected and moving with input from throttle control<br />- Boat will start with throttle in neutral position; however, forward is engaged<br /><br /><br /> Cause?? <br /><br />When I took the boat out this morning, throttle worked fine. I could engage reverse and neutral.<br /><br />Upon returning to dock, I tried to engage reverse and found the boat remained engaged in forward.<br /><br />No "event" occurred at all during the outing to cause the problem.<br /><br />Please help if you can. <br /><br />Thank you<br />- Michael