94 180 Horizon question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawandorder815

Recruit
Good evening,

My new to me boat now needs a new starboard side curved windshield section. I have seen some used pieces online but they are for the 190 Horizon. I was looking to see a way to find out if that 190 curved starboard piece will fit the 180 boat. Thanks in advance.

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
Going this far back I'm not sure if it's a Taylormade windshield or not. It may be a long shot but...If you remove the screw track vinyl piece there is usually a part number on a sticker on the inside of the track. You can contact Taylormade with that number and they can let you know if it's available or perhaps what number it may supersede up to or something that has similar specs. Taylor made also has a repair facility that is located in Ohio if your frame is undamaged. You can choose glass or acrylic. "this was before covid"
Ocean Dynamics also repairs windshields if the frame is intact as well.

Attachments

• TM_P#.pdf
    171.7 KB · Views: 5

lawandorder815

Recruit
Thank you so much for the information. I contacted Taylor Made and they said : "Unfortunately, we do not have a replacement available. We no longer have the tooling/material for this model year boat. You can try reaching out to Ocean Dynamics at 305-770-1800 / https://oceandynamics.com/. They may be able custom manufacture the piece you need" I have sent a message to ocean dynamics and are waiting. I found a curved section of windshield for a 1994 190 Horizon. Im trying to find out if that might fit the same or be the same windshield on a different model boat. I tried the parts search on Four Wings website but they only go back to 2014. Ive emailed them as well.

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
Thank you so much for the information. I contacted Taylor Made and they said : "Unfortunately, we do not have a replacement available. We no longer have the tooling/material for this model year boat. You can try reaching out to Ocean Dynamics at 305-770-1800 / https://oceandynamics.com/. They may be able custom manufacture the piece you need" I have sent a message to ocean dynamics and are waiting. I found a curved section of windshield for a 1994 190 Horizon. Im trying to find out if that might fit the same or be the same windshield on a different model boat. I tried the parts search on Four Wings website but they only go back to 2014. Ive emailed them as well.
Thanks for the update. Were you able to find the old taylor made number in the track? Can you reach out to the person selling to see if they have a number that matches?
Will they provide you any measurments?

lawandorder815

Recruit
I pulled the frame out and there is no part number that I can find. Its a Water Bonnet unit. I have measured what I have and the sides match the one measurements he gave me but the top and bottom numbers aren't the same but I am not sure how he measured the curve so I've emailed him to see if he could verify how he did it. No response from Four Winns yet. I d like to see if they could give me the number and if they know if this is a match with the 190/180

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
No response from Four Winns yet. I d like to see if they could give me the number and if they know if this is a match with the 190/180
four winns was bought and sold 3 times during the period of when your boat was made and today.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
well ill guess I won't be hearing much from them then.
you may get lucky, however most of the fall-out of the OMC brands when OMC went bust was loss of documentation. Same goes for Chris Craft and other brands owned by OMC in the 90's

however Four Winns in its current configuration started in 2014, which is most likely why their documentation only goes back that far.

lawandorder815

Recruit
never received any response from Four Winns etc. I purchased the part for the 190 horizon which seems to measure out correctly. It should arrive this week. Hoping it fits.

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
never received any response from Four Winns etc. I purchased the part for the 190 horizon which seems to measure out correctly. It should arrive this week. Hoping it fits.
Fingers crossed! Let us know if it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.