93 Regal Interior Resto......

jamiemac74

Seaman
Here's a few pics of my project. The only work I haven't done is the sewing..
Beginning:
IMG_0959.jpg

phone157.jpg

Almost Done:
IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

jamiemac74

Seaman
Re: 93 Regal Interior Resto......

Got in the new seat today. I'm moving the old one to the left side. Upon the plans of removing the back to back lounger and installing a pedistal seat on the left side. I was in question of what shape the floor was in. So I removed the carpet today.. The floor is in great shape!!!!!! I have only found one soft spot back beside the motor. I am gonna replace that section and hopefully get some carpet down this weekend..

jamiemac74

Seaman

Thank you Ezmobee, My first time on boat interior.. I did car audio professionally for 15 years... Since then this is my first project of this nature it has been fun to see how a boat is put together.. Its nothing like I thought it was!!!!

Dave88LX

Seaman

Wow...fancy I should see this thread! I have a Regal myself, interior looks damn near the same. Not sure what I am going to do yet.

Yours looks so far so good!

jamiemac74

Seaman

Here's a not so good pic after removing the carpet. (Camera phone) But you get the idea..
IMG_1015.jpg

jamiemac74

Seaman

Got one of the seats back today!!!!! This is the recovered factory seat.
IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

oops!

Supreme Mariner

looks great.....but you said you did not do the sewing?.......who did?

pretty soon we are gonna need an upholstery forum .....

jamiemac74

Seaman

looks great.....but you said you did not do the sewing?.......who did?

pretty soon we are gonna need an upholstery forum .....

Thank You, oops! I had a local guy do all the sewing. I took him the old engine cover, rear seat covers, and the 2 front seats. He remade the engine cover and the rear seat covers and I installed them. He is doing the 2 complete bucket seats though because of the difficulty involved in bucket seats....

jamiemac74

Seaman

Cut out the section of rotted floor tonight plus 2-3" around it. Replaced it and got it glassed in with resin and fiberglass mat. Hopefully I can start to install carpet tomorrow!
IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

jamiemac74

Seaman

Got most of the carpet down tonight. It was quite the job I must say. Alot of trim pieces to do tomorrow. Hopefully have most of the interior in tomorrow...
IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

jamiemac74

Seaman

Here's todays progress.... I ended taking the day off work to work on it.. Its like all I can think is boat, boat, boat... LMAO!!!!!
Got all the misc. small carpet trim and storage area trim installed..
IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

jamiemac74

Seaman

Then it was on to the bigger stuff... Panel installation...
IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

jamiemac74

Seaman

Why is it that when you have a project like this going on that it just overwhelms you. It drives me crazy if I don't atleast get to turn a screw or do something on the project every day. Makes me wonder what I'm gonna do between the time it's done and it gets warm enough to use it.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

You live in TN, it's already almost time to use it! Panels look awesome.

jamiemac74

Seaman

You live in TN, it's already almost time to use it! Panels look awesome.

Thanks ezmobee.... The weather here is daily.We went from a few days at 62 back down to low 40's. Ugh!!! I can't wait till time to hit the water..

ryanr623

Chief Petty Officer

Boat looks great. Regal's are one of my favorite boats made. Ive owned (2) sea-ray's, an imperial, a glastron, and now a regal (all around the same year) Regals design and Quality is unsurpassed.... don't hear of too many of them needing all redone. Be sure to Post up pics when completely finished!

jamiemac74

Seaman

Boat looks great. Regal's are one of my favorite boats made. Ive owned (2) sea-ray's, an imperial, a glastron, and now a regal (all around the same year) Regals design and Quality is unsurpassed.... don't hear of too many of them needing all redone. Be sure to Post up pics when completely finished!
Well my project started because of this:
IMG_0958-1.jpg

Then became what it is today.. I originally just reused the old material on the new wood.:
IMG_0959.jpg
IMG_0960.jpg

Then I decided that was to easy.. LOL!!! Now I have redone it all..

jonesg

Admiral

Thanks ezmobee.... The weather here is daily.We went from a few days at 62 back down to low 40's. Ugh!!! I can't wait till time to hit the water..

aww gee ALL the way down to 40? :)
It was 18F this mornin in Boston.

I'm no fan of upholstered boats but that is one of the best resto's I've seen on here.