93 OMC Queit Rider engine stalls

vincep

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 6, 2020
Messages
7
I'm having an issue where my engine won't run more than 1 minute. Installed new key switch, but engine will run for about 1 minute then cut out like starved for fuel. Person that I got boat from mentioned they disconnected the oil pressure because it wasn't working and to just mix the gas manually and run through tank. Is there a way to bypass the oil issue so I can rule that out as possible problem with engine?

93 115 OMC Quiet Rider model V115SLETS
 

racerone

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Dec 28, 2013
Messages
39,959
If oil injection was " not working " then was there damage done to the motor ?----I know I sound like a broken record, but do a compression test before you spend too much coins on this thing !!
 

vincep

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 6, 2020
Messages
7
I just completed compression test:

Left top- 118
left bottom - 118
Right top 120
Right bottom 119.

Ordered champion plugs, will be in tomorrow.

Any other advice?
 

racerone

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Dec 28, 2013
Messages
39,959
Does operating the manual fuel pump keep it running ?
 

vincep

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 6, 2020
Messages
7
if you mean squeezing the bulb, once it did, 2nd time it didn't. I will have someone help me while doing this and let you know. I just replaced the fuel filter, quick disconnect, primer bulb, and going to do an in-line spark check later this afternoon. Will let you know results.
 

vincep

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 6, 2020
Messages
7
Issue was fuel pump. Diaphragm isn't working at all.
 
Top