92 seadoo xp 580 winterizing

JKEP44

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello, I have read many of the topics and posts for winterizing and am now a little confused. I just need to know about the antifreeze. Does my ski drain on its own or do I need to drain it? Also once the water is out where do I put the antifreeze in. I don't have a shop vac but will purchase one if absolutely necessary. Thanks.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 92 seadoo xp 580 winterizing

there are 2 drains on the back of the jugs connected to a t fitting and a small hose that goes to the exhaust exit at the back of the ski some sand may have blocked the hoses because they are so small, I cut the hose where it goes under the drive shaft and install a hose barb to reconect the hoses as it is hard to get to the end of the hose in the back, blow in the hose and see if it feels blocked if it seems to be clear you are ok, remove the black hose from the head where the water exits from the head and attach a funnell with a short piece of hose and pour some antifreez in the head it will drain in to the water cooling jackets of the engine.and you should see it drain out the small hoese we just referred to. that should do it.

JKEP44

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey thanks jeff. I finished today and did everything that was said in this post as well as all the others I found on searches. I think that I may have found the electrical problem that was bothering me also. If you remember I had an ignition problem when I tilted the ski bow to stern. My positive batt cable had a slight bulge in it in a place that I could not see until I removed the batt and batt box. When I say slight I mean tiny bulge. I tested resistance and found an intermittent open when you shake the cable rather violently. I will replace it and hope that it is the problem. I think that I am still going to tear down and inspect everything when things get slow this winter. Anyway, thanks again.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

sea doo has a history of bad ground cables as I have mentioned several times, I add a second cable from the neg side of the battery to the exhaust manifold, there is usually an empty bolt hole available, this keeps the second cable out of the water that collects in the hull , if you wiggle the original cable and it feels brittle replace it I have also run in to bad starter cables as they also get wet under the engine.