92 sea doo no start with start button

jkin8587

Recruit
I have spent around 2 hours searching for some info on this but have yet to get anywhere with it. I have a 92 sea doo GTS that I picked up last night. I DID hear it run and get it cranked before I bought it so I know that it does run. Here is my dilemma. tested the push button switch itself, tested good. tested the lanyard switch and it was good (right around .1-2 ohms), tested stop switch, good as well. When I push the start button it clicks only once then does nothing. If you take a screwdriver and jump the two solenoid terminals, the starter spins the engine over but with no spark. I have only been able to find one wiring diagram. Inside the fusebox, someone has rewired a few things and it's confusing in comparison to what I see on the diagram, so I may have some issues but I need some input from you guys to see what you think. I have a couple pics in hopes that it helps. I have no power at pin 30 of the circled relay. However, there is no continuity between pin 30 of that relay and that side of the solenoid. I can not find a fuse or burnt wire between the two either. BUT, there IS continuity between pin 30 and the red wire of the box that I attached a picture of. I'm not 100% sure what it is. Can someone PLEASE point me in the right direction? I've fried my brain over this. But maybe I just have the wrong diagram lol. Thanks for the help. diagram1.jpgphoto.jpg

jkin8587

Recruit
Re: 92 sea doo no start with start button

noone yet? lol. I'm running out of ideas.