92 Bayliner Capri windshield

rqbayliner

Cadet
I am in dire need of the side windshields, glass and frames, for a 1992 Bayliner 1800 Capri bowrider. The front glass is OK, but will buy a complete windshield if necessary.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 92 Bayliner Capri windshield

if you have frame use lexan.

rqbayliner

Cadet

I had a glass place come over to try the Lexan idea, but the original glass is curved and they didn't think the Lexan would hold up if curved. Back to square one I guess. Anyone know of a Marine Salvage yard that'll have what I need?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Lexan will hold up just fine being bent. Even if it starts to craze in 5 years, it will be cheap and easy to remove and use as a template to cut another piece. Look in the yellow pages for plastics suppliers, they sell lexan (polycarbonate) much cheaper than the home depot. 1/8th in lexan will bend without heating for the curve of your windshield. It cuts easily with a sabre saw and fine tooth blade. Look at the MFG project in my signature below, the windshield is 1/8" polycarbonate cold bent. Its holding up fine, but does have a few craze marks in the tight upper left and right corners. That was about a $50 piece of polycarbonate from a plastics supplier.