91 rinker 186 Captiva Rear Bench Seat Help

TimmySRX

Cadet
Hello all, This is basically my first post here and wanted to seek a little help with a rear bench seat issue I have. I purchased a 186 Captiva late last summer and knowing it needed some help. The rear back bench seat was completely destroyed by the previous owner(he tried to rebuild it with no skills none). I thought with the parts left over I could recreate the seat and have it covered in Vinyl. Turns out I was way wrong, as I am finding it hard just to find good pictures of a 186 captiva with a rear bench seat and large sun deck over the motor.
So I thought I would post here to see if anyone had this boat and could post some really good pic's of the rear bench. Maybe someone has re-vinyled the rear bench and they may have details pic of the seat apart without vinyl on. I know it is probably a long shot, but thought it was worth a try.
Any help would be appreciated.

The couple of pic's I have attached don't show great detail, but I have rebuilt the shell(box) of the seat but am completely missing the wrap around arms which I don't really know how to recreate. The pic's show the shell covered in carpet that was just so I could use the boat for a ride or two before I parked it for winter.

Attachments

• IMGP2270.jpg
    IMGP2270.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP2272.jpg
    IMGP2272.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 0

boatflipper

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 91 rinker 186 Captiva Rear Bench Seat Help

For the time and effort you will have invested, it would probably be just as cheap and a lot easier to buy a bench seat. You could pick one up for about $300 brand new...I know because I have been looking for one for my current project and don't want to go through the hassle of building and upholstering one!
Good Luck!!

TimmySRX

Cadet

Thanks for the quick feedback, I thought of that same option even found seats that were close, mostly from a pontoon boat. But was slowing giving up on that as I could quite find what I was looking for. Do you have a website or link to a place that might have close to what I would need? Again thanks,

scg1586

Recruit

I am not sure what original pieces you have left, but I have a 1993 186 with sport seating that I can get you some more pictures of if you haven't already purchased something else -

This is an old picture of the back seat before I purchased the boat, but it looks like it would be similar to yours based on the sundeck and seat -

Let me know and good luck with your project -

Attachments

• Rinker 3.jpg
    Rinker 3.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 0

TimmySRX

Cadet

SCG1586, thanks for the pic, that is exactly what I have/need. That is one of the better pic's of the rear bench I have gotten. I sent you a PM to see if you could e-mail a few pic's. Again thanks.

scg1586

Recruit

Hi - Sorry - I didn't get anything to know that you had responded....I didn't receive any notification(s)....I will take some pics and post them soon.

Scott