91 ranger Comanche NEED HELP

Aaroncole93

Cadet
My buddy is selling his 91 ranger Comanche 362v seats are cracked and the carpet is rough he’s going to let me have it for $4000 are these good boats? Any wood in them? I don’t know much else about it idk if it’s been kept covered or not either

jbcurt00

Staff member
it's a 30yr old boat, it's current condition is more important then quality when it left the factory

mr 88

Commander
Look for soft spots on your " floor " . Put motor down ,stand on it and bounce it to see if transom flexes . There interpretation of not using wood may be different than yours or mine. Floor is made out of wood I bet vs a nonskid glass liner.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
My buddy is selling his 91 ranger Comanche 362v seats are cracked and the carpet is rough he’s going to let me have it for $4000 are these good boats? Any wood in them? I don’t know much else about it idk if it’s been kept covered or not either
Nope on the wood. I have a 1989 Ranger catalog and no wood back then either. One of the finest boats you can buy for a reasonable price. Forrest Wood, Flipping Arkansas. Been building them one boat at a time since back in the '60s when Bass Boats first came out. I had a 1989 Fisherman...bass hull but laid out inside for backtrolling and such with a 115 merc. It would move out.

'89 362V:
6 folks, max load 1320, 150-175 Hp, 17'10 LOA, Beam 88, transom ht 23 1/4 (since this is a "setback pad" boat it is made for a 20" transom engine), inside depth 18", wt. 1200. If you buy it get somebody that knows how to run a pad show you how to run it so that you can get full enjoyment out of it. It will do 60+ with the 175, over 55 with the 150.

Mine was my first experience with a boat running on a pad. My first experience with a boat that lifted up out of the water when you got up fast enough to get on it and trimmed out feeling the boat lift out of the water and take off; ,my first ported prop which gave you a dazzliny hole shot but then once up to speed, ports closed off, prop locked up, RPMs dropped (with the fully loaded prop)and speed took off...RPMs came back up as speed increased and less of the pad was touching the water; first experience with a boat that was really fun to drive. Got mine new in '89 for $12,500, fully rigged with electronics, trolling motor, Ranger trailer, MercurySS Laser 3 blade prop.