9.9 hp force won't stay running

sabaia29

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 11, 2006
Messages
2
My 9.9 hp force motor Model # 152F7A starts, but dies after a few seconds. I just changed the plugs. Gas seems to be comming out of somewhere, I think its the carburetor, but I am just a novice. Any suggestions.<br /><br />Thanks
 

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Mar 25, 2001
Messages
45,907
Re: 9.9 hp force won't stay running

Sounds like your carb float is stuck or the needle valve is leaking, thus flooding the engine.
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,961
Re: 9.9 hp force won't stay running

Time to go to Mercury dealer and get a carb rebuild kit, or find someone to do it for you.
 

sabaia29

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 11, 2006
Messages
2
Re: 9.9 hp force won't stay running

Thanks for the help, I'm having a hard time finding a place that wants to fix my motor, so it looks like I'll be doing it myself. <br /><br />Any tips.
 
Top