9/11 commission

crab bait

Captain
it's been waaay to quite/boring 'round here latey..<br /><br />saw in the paper day,, the 9/11 commission deemed iraq had no connection to al-quida..<br /><br />let that be a message to the rest of the world..<br /><br />we know who you are..<br /><br />if your a country NOT harborin' al-quida ,, we will invade you, hunt you down an eliminate you from the face of the earth..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 9/11 commission

Boy! Whenever someone says he is bored we are about to get a bad joke or a troll.<br /><br />I aint biting. :)

KennyKenCan

Commander

When I want a political opinion, I always read a biased newspaper, BECAUSE THATS ALL THEIR IS OUT THERE!<br /><br />If you beleive what you read, then the media has accomplished it's job, and made your political point of veiw, FOR YOU!<br /><br /> Look at the known facts, and then make your own decision, not a decision based on the single-sided media or that vigilante, 9/11 Commision's conclusions!<br /><br />According to Peter Jennings of ABC News, "the American people are not informed and educated enough to make a rational decision, so the media must make that decision for the people"!May 27, 2004<br /><br />When did the USA become a dictatorship?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I'm gonna edit your quote and make it logical...<br /><br />
Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> <br />if your a country {with the slightest chance of} harborin' al-quida , we will invade you, hunt you down an eliminate you from the face of the earth..
And crab bait, you know better than to think Al-quda relations was the reason we invaded Iraq.<br /><br />Purley a troll post, and yes I BIT!!!<br /><br />Ken

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Yea, I also find it funny that Iraq only met with Alquida twice. So that means they had no involvement with them. How many times did the U.S. meet with them?<br /><br />If Iraq knew they looked suspicious meeting with Alquida, then why the dance step with the weapon inspectors? It's like a turkey dancing in front of a hungry family on Thanksgiving day.<br /><br />We need to take the gloves off. If our government can't step up and take care of these clowns, then maybe it's time the citizens did. I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting tired of Alquida attacking civilans. I think it would be justified as self defense, if we started hunting them down and killing them. Why wait for them? Why not just go over there armed to the teeth and say hello?

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Crab, you just HAD to stir the pot again? (And I just had to respond- I'm no better... :rolleyes: ) Yeah, he trolled and I bit.<br /><br />Maybe they didn't have a major connection back then (that we can prove), but THEY SURE DO NOW! They keep streaming in from Syria because they love to take potshots at out soldiers over there. Must be the militant islamic version of sports or something. I am wondering if it isn't actually helping distract them from hitting us again over here. I'd rather they be blowing up Iraq then here!<br /><br />Crab Bait, do you think the terrorists are just going to leave us alone if we leave Iraq? Do you really think anything we would have done/not done would have caused them to leave us alone? We didn't go in because of 911, we went in because of IRAQ. Doesn't the fact that wholesale genocide and torture has been removed from Saddam's Iraq have any significance? That women no longer have to fear Uday, Qusay, and all their sicko friends? That women are now legitimized in their society? Doesn't the fact the the President's statement about evidence being present that a nuclear and biological weapons program was underway and would further destabilize the region have any bearing? That Iraq was in complete violation of UN mandates (but the rest of the UN beside us and the Brits & Aus. had absolutely no backbone to do right) makes no difference? Do you really believe Saddam was just misunderstood- really a pretty decent guy after all? His opinion of the negotiations was obviously contempt. He was a rogue bandit who didn't care what anyone else though and would just do as he pleased regardless of how many people were hurt. This is morally OK? Are we supposed to allow him to destroy whatever small percentage of this planets population he chose? I guess we should have left Hitler alone, too then. There are some minor differences, but the Islamic world is ripe for some charismatic leader to unite them in an effort to try to take over the world. It is a mandate in their theology, although some attempt to downplay or deny it. Any religion based on hate has no credibility with me, though I do not advocate exterminating it the way Islam advocates exterminating anything in opposition to it. The only valid reason for us to get involved militarily IMO, is to prevent a larger shedding of blood which cannot otherwise be avoided. Whether they appreciate it or not (depending on who you listen to), we HAVE saved many lives over there and have given them the opportunity to start over. What they do with that opportunity will be up to them. Whatever destruction that has occurred over there was the choice of the violent terrorists who would not let it go. They cannot be so dumb as to think we will stay there forver. If they want us to go all they'd have to do is lay down their weapons and we'd be gone in no time. No, they LIKE death and destruction. The eat and breathe it. Hate is their lifeblood. We have done so much to rebuild their infrastructure- what is wrong with that? Then the extremists go try to blow it up. They are Iraq's enemy, not the US. We're trying to build and help. Terrorists know only hate, death, and destruction. They cannot be reasoned with. <br /><br />By the way the President I mentioned above is Clinton. Too bad he didn't take his own advice and deal with the problem.<br /><br />I am convinced that the left is searching for excuses to validate their dislike of President Bush; it is not the other way around. They must resent the fact that he is not easily manipulated and has a core belief system that transcends the winds of political opinion. What else could explain the wholesale ignoring of all the good being accomplished in the larger picture? This despite all the efforts of so many detractors in Congress and the media who seek to divide us. Have we gotten so myopic that we fail to see that anything worthwhile has a cost to it? Are we really so spoiled and naive that we should expect to never have to sacrifice for any valid cause? To leave Iraq alone would have been telling the world to go ahead and "do your own thing- we don't care who you pillage, plunder, rape, and murder"<br /><br />OK, the expected conservative opposition has spoken. Our chain got yanked and we responded as expected, right? I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on politics, but I still wish you well. At least we live where we can express our opinions freely. <br /><br />
The nation will find it very hard to look up to the leaders who are keeping their ears to the ground. - Sir Winston Churchill
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. Theodore Roodevelt

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I was talking to someone about this a few minutes ago. We were looking over the protest warrior web site, and got reminded of the fact that Sadam funded suicide bombers. But hey, that doesn't mean Iraq had terrorist affiliations. NAH!

crab bait

Captain

yeah, all that an a bag of chips..<br /><br />so when are we gonna go invade,crusade & rescue the real oppressed people of the planet an eliminate the worst dictators of the world ....<br /><br />like SOUTH AMERICA..

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> yeah, all that an a bag of chips..<br /><br />so when are we gonna go invade,crusade & rescue the real oppressed people of the planet an eliminate the worst dictators of the world ....<br /><br />like SOUTH AMERICA..
That wasnt the reason we went in to Iraq either. You read too many headlines.<br /><br />Here is the reason we went into Iraq:<br />Saddam was an enemy of the USA and would do anything to harm us. Therefore, he must go, before he takes us out.<br /><br />Had we done this to Bin Laden prior to 9/11, we wouldnt have had 9/11.<br /><br /><br />Ken

crab bait

Captain

if it wasn't bin-laden ,,it would've been bin-faden...<br /><br />talk about headlines.. it's all i can read without my blinders on..

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

South America? Huh?<br />What am I missing? <br />FARC is very bad news, and the Shining Path are still there but were forced to back down when Fujimori gave the peruvian mountain people shotguns to protect themselves. But these people are not dictators. They are terrorists who fund their activities by their little hobby of being drug lords. Fujimori himself is history, and while he was corrupt he was not exceptionally heavy handed for the most part. He was primarily known for being a populist.<br /><br />Many of the South American countries continue to have their economic woes fueled by inefficient and often corrupt governments. BUT WHAT OPPRESSION in the scale you mention? Who are these dictators who are worse than Saddam??? I guess I need enlightenment, here. They may be there, but aside from Cuba I have not heard about them yet. Was that South America comment just meant to be flippant, or am I really missing something?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Regardless of the findings in thier final report, the commission failed in thier main objective, to remove GWB from power. That in itself should tell anybody what side of this war they were on.<br />"Fact-finding" my eye.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Well said 12 footer. Nothing like a good old fashioned witch hunt to help the pompous self serving career politicians to feel important again. If that energy had been focused in a positive way instead of grandstanding much more benefit might have been accomplished. And the media? Anything they can report (or manufacture) to sell more newspapers or gain more viewers. The intended scapegoat was not the problem, terrorists are the problem. Remember them- the bad guys? Them and the divisions from within which nearly cripple us are the problem. That division is the worst evil, ultimately.
"A house divided against itself cannot stand" Gospel of Mark 3:25
There was this little social experiment we started some 40 years ago. There were those few who went with the flow and those who resisted. Gradually the majority started going with the flow also, because it was so easy and felt good. As time went by being in the flow became respectable, even preferred. Focus became self instead of a bigger picture. The culture lost its way. They claimed to have broad vision but did not notice where the flow was taking them. The days grew darker and colder, but few noticed. The few who voiced their concern were ignored or ridiculed. Most who were going along were not bad people, just those who forgot where they came from and why they were there. Many still remembered deep down but got caught up in the busyness of the day and found it much easier to stay in the flow. There were varying degrees of embracing this flow, and all were accepted so long as they were not openly critical of the flow. There was much comfort in staying with the group. Those who stood out as not being part of the group were labelled obstructionists and too old fashioned. Although they reached out to help those in the flow they were mostly shunned. They were considered irrelevant and unenlightened. They were called: (pardon the "vulgarity") "conservatives".<br /><br />This will slide us right down the tubes sooner than later if we don't stop the flow. The divisions must cease; we must remember where we came from and what our job is rather what we can do to be self serving and hedonistic. <br /><br />Still bored, Crab Bait? How about answering some of our points?

stairliftoheaven

Petty Officer 2nd Class

saddam and his psychopathic offspring have been removed from society; the world is now a slightly better place. enuf said

crab bait

Captain

darn,, give a guy a chance.. i still figurin' out what you said an readin' the paper for more stuff ..<br /><br /><br />but for starters ..<br />a man named hugo an packo thats who..there bad as they get..